|Runco Launches Its Most Powerful Video Processor|
|Home Theater News Video Processors-Switchers News|
|Written by AVRev.com|
|Monday, 09 August 2004|
Runco International has just introduced the new Next Generation ViVix II DHD Series Digital Video Controller as part of four different projection systems. Packaged with the Reflection VX-1000ci, VX-4000ci, VX-5000ci, and Video Xtreme™ VX-2c model projectors and utilizing Runco’s exclusive ViVix II digital processing, the DHD Digital Controller enhances all standard and HDTV source material for maximum clarity and precision. Offering broad analog and digital connectivity plus field-upgradeable software, the DHD Digital Controller ensures compatibility with all the latest signal sources according to Runco.
Runco has incorporated its latest ViVix digital video processing technology––ViVix II––into the DHD Digital Controller’s design. It optimizes signal reproduction for Anamorphic, Letterbox, and 4:3 aspect ratios, and its VirtualWide™ feature converts 4:3 images for performance on 16:9 screens. The DHD Digital Controller also features Orthogonal Line Correction to adjust for unwanted time-elapsed field artifacts as well as 3:2 and 2:2 pull-down for maximum quality playback from film-originated programming.
The DHD Digital Controller uses eight switching inputs to accept both digital and analog sources and an RS-232 interface for control via home automation systems. Its software is field-upgradeable so installers can download updates from Runco on job sites, ensuring the processor’s performance matches the newest sources and displays. It also outputs three 12V DC trigger signals to activate third party components like motorized screen lifts and drapes.
The DHD Digital Controller’s chassis measures 3-3/4 inches high and weighs 13 pounds, and is easily rack-mountable using supplied mounting brackets. The unit also requires a single cable to connect with each projector, reducing clutter and set-up time on each job according to Runco.
DHD™ Digital Video Controller Technical Specifications:
• Aspect Ratios: Anamorphic, Letterbox, 4:3 (on either 16:9 or 4:3 screens)
• Input Standards: NTSC/PAL
• Outputs: (1) HD - RGB, H, V; (1) DVI w/HDCP
• Inputs: (1) Composite, (2) S-Video, (1) Component (480i or 576i) (2) RGBHV/Component HD, (2) DVI Digital w/HDCP
• Control Options: Infrared remote, RS-232 x 2, front panel controls
• Trigger/Masking Outputs: (3) 12V DC, 1/8A
• Power Requirements: 100 – 240V AC (auto sensing) 50/60 Hz, 160W
• Dimensions: 17-1/2”W x 11-3/16”D x 3-3/4”H
• Weight: 13 lbs. (5.9 kg)
• Included Accessories: Rack-mounting brackets
• Regulatory Compliance: FCC, CE, C-Tick
• Availability: Now Shipping with the VX-2c, VX-1000ci, VX-4000ci, VX-5000ci