|New Wireless Outdoor Speaker Systems from Soundcast|
|Home Theater News Speaker Systems News|
|Written by AVRev.com|
|Friday, 30 May 2008|
OutCast is an all weather outdoor speaker system designed to provide high performance full range music in the yard or patio. It features an 8” downward firing woofer, four 3” high frequency drivers in an omni-directional array, a 100 watt digital amplifier and the Soundcast receiver.
The OutCast is made of water resistant plastic and is designed to operate for up to 10 hours on the built-in, rechargeable battery pack. It has an internal AC power supply that can recharge the NiMH battery pack and operate the OutCast at the same time.
As with SpeakerCast, the initial version of OutCast will include the iCast transmitter and be oriented to iPod users. This version of OutCast also has buttons for pause/play and track forward/track back for remote iPod operation.
All OutCasts have controls for volume, on/off, and mood lighting. There is also an input jack for direct connection of an MP3 player, which should very useful during social gatherings when guests might wish to play music from their personal players.
• All-weather, outdoor speaker system
• Includes iCast transmitter for use with the Apple iPod
• Allows connection of other audio devices – MP3 players and computers – using the auxiliary input/output jack
• Transmits signals up to 350 feet outdoors
• Features buttons for pause/play and track forward/track back for remote iPod operation
• Easy set-up
• One 8” downward firing woofer
• Four 3” high frequency drivers in an omni-directional array
• 100 watt digital amplifier
• Made of water resistant plastic
• Operates for up to 10 hours on the built-in, rechargeable battery pack
• Internal AC power supply that can recharge the NiMH battery pack and operate the system at the same time
• Transmitters search for open channels in the 2.4GHz band, and instantaneously jump to them – ultimately avoiding interference and allowing for unprecedented sound quality