|Olevia Enters Home Theater Market with New LCD and LCoS HDTVs|
|Home Theater News Rear Projection HDTV News|
|Written by AVRev.com|
|Tuesday, 12 September 2006|
Syntax-Brillian Corp., a manufacturer and marketer of LCD and LCoS HDTVs and digital entertainment products, today announced the debut of three new products specifically designed for the premium home theater and commercial markets -- a first for the Olevia brand.
Optimized for picture quality, the new products, which feature 1080p native resolution panels, include the Olevia 7 Series HDTVs -- the 42-inch Olevia 742i LCD TV and the 47-inch 747i LCD TV -- as well as the Olevia 5 Series model 565H 65-inch LCoS HDTV. All models will be on display in booth #566 at the CEDIA trade show in Denver, Colorado from September 14-17.
A combination of professional grade video processing and exceptional picture quality for a superior home theater experience is the cornerstone of each new LCD HDTV model in the Olevia 7 Series line. The Olevia 565H, which features cutting-edge LCoS technology, offers state-of-the art image quality for home theater applications at an entry-level price point.
Each model features firmware upgradeability, ensuring that consumers' investments are protected and that their Olevia product will always perform with the latest features, software updates and image-quality improvements.
Olevia 7 Series LCD HDTV features include:
• High-definition native resolution 1920 x 1080 panels and a fast 8 ms gray-to-gray response time ideal for fast-action viewing.
• First LCD TV family featuring the SiliconOptix Realta Hollywood Quality Video (HQV) video processor powered by Teranex technology with an ATI Xilleon RF front end.
• Supports native 1080p input and is designed to ensure superior clarity of lower-resolution standard analog TV channels, high-definition digital programs, VHS tape content and DVDs.
• Built-in dual ATSC and NTSC combination tuners provide convenient viewing of high-definition over-the-air broadcast and cable digital programs and standard analog broadcast and cable channels.
• Dynamic contrast ratio of 1600:1, a cinematic 16:9 aspect ratio, and 178-degree viewing angle.
• Versatile connectivity options include PC compatibility 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz through HDMI and VGA, and video compatibility through multiple HDMI with HDCP (2), HD/SD component via RCA component (2) and VGA (1), composite (2), and S-Video (2) inputs.
• D2Audio's DAE-1 (Digital Audio Engine) intelligent digital amplifier and SoundSuite audio enhancement software; interchangeable high-quality speakers can be side-mounted, bottom-mounted or removed.
• Manufacture Suggested Retail Price: Olevia 742i - $3999; Olevia 747i - $4999; now available for order through custom installation specialists plus select regional retailers.
Olevia 565H 65" LCoS HDTV Features Include:
• Utilizes the award-winning Brillian UltraContrast LCoS Light Engine Technology with true 1920x1080p resolution and Pixelworks DNX video processing.
• Preconfigured for home theater installations.
• Can be integrated into home automation systems with its RS232 control.
• Supports 480i up to 1080p native resolution input via HDMI and DVI inputs.
• Contrast ratio of 4000:1, a cinematic 16:9 aspect ratio, fast 4ms average response time.
• Member of the Olevia 5 Series product line designed to offer a rich feature set, high performance and high quality at an affordable price point.
• Will be available through custom installation specialists plus select regional retailers with shipments starting in October.
• Manufacture Suggested Retail Price: $4299
"Olevia's reputation as an excellent TV for the living room, bedroom and office has been growing. The Olevia 7 Series LCD HDTVs and 565H LCoS HDTV extends that reputation for performance and excellence into the home theater," said Sam Miller, Chief Product Officer for Syntax-Brillian. "These Olevia HDTVs combine advanced digital-image processing technologies from the leaders in the industry with engineering excellence to create products that will stand out in any home theater for their stunning picture quality, powerful performance and elegant design."
Source: Press Release