|2016 Netflix-Recommended TVs Announced, Designated Models Include Displays from LG & Sony|
|Home Theater News LCD HDTV News|
|Written by High Def Digest|
|Monday, 28 March 2016|
2016 requirements have been updated with more stringent criteria. To receive the Netflix Recommended status, TVs must pass at least 5 out of 7 of the below criteria:
- TV instant on: Your TV wakes and apps are ready to use right away.
- TV resume: Your TV remembers what you were doing and wakes to the same place as when it was turned off.
- Latest Netflix version: Your TV comes with the latest version of Netflix with the newest features.
- Fast app launch: Start Netflix quickly after you turn on your TV.
- Fast app resume: Video resumes instantly when returning to Netflix from other apps or channels.
Ease of Access
- Netflix button: Start your TV and launch Netflix with the press of a single button.
- Easy Netflix icon access: Netflix is prominent and easy to access on your TV.
Current recipients of the 2016 Netflix Recommended TV status include 2016 LG 4K UHD TVs with webOS 3.0 and 2016 Sony Android 4K UHD TVs. Here's a full list of 2016 Netflix Recommended TV models:
A current Netflix subscription starts at $10 for HD streaming and $12 for Ultra HD streaming.