|Humax Announces New Flat LCD with DVD-R and Three DVD-Rs with TiVo|
|Home Theater News Cable-Satellite Receiver-DVR-PVR News|
|Written by AVRev.com|
|Wednesday, 05 January 2005|
Humax USA has announced its 2005 line, which includes a 26-inch flat LCD TV with a built-in DVD Recorder with TiVo as well as three new DVD Recorders with TiVo.
Focusing on ease-of-use, Humax plans to ship a 26-inch LCD TV that integrates their DRT800 DVD Recorder with TiVo. The LT2650 features a 16:9 aspect ratio; progressive scan DVD player and is equipped with an assortment of analog and digital inputs for additional audio and video component connectivity.
The LT2650 includes all the features of the DRT800 DVD Recorder with TiVo: a DVD Recorder, a progressive scan DVD player, and an 80-hour TiVo digital video recorder (DVR). The multi-device functionality combined with the TiVo interface enables consumers to find, record, view and later burn their favorite TV programs to a DVD. The integrated TiVo DVR also makes it possible for users to pause, rewind and instant replay live television broadcasts.
With retail availability targeted for later this year and a $2,499 suggested selling price, Humax plans to begin securing distribution of the LT2650 at this week’s 2005 International CES.
Also targeted for introduction later this year is an expanded DVD Recorder line-up that offers consumers different levels of hard-drive recording capacity and feature sets. Each model combines a digital video recorder (DVR) with the TiVo service, a DVD recorder and a progressive scan DVD player. The DRT400 entry-level model, with 40-hour recording capacity and analog front inputs, will have a $399 suggested selling price. The DRT800 80-hour and DRT2000 200-hour models -- both of which include front DV inputs -- will have suggested selling prices of $499 and $599 respectively.
Key Features of all Humax DVD Recorders with TiVo:
- 40, 80, and 200-hour Hard Disk Drive recording capacity (depending on model).
- Wired/wireless network connectivity through USB 2.0 allows connection to home network to enjoy Home Media Features that enables access to digital photos and music from the PC, schedule recordings online, and access programming from multiple TiVo boxes.
- TiVo service burns DVDs in the background; you can record and watch live TV.
- TiVo service allows you to manage what’s stored on the hard disc; you are in charge of what programs get deleted.
- TiVo service works with any programming source including cable, digital cable, satellite, and antenna.
- Includes DV input for camcorder transfers directly to DVD and a set of Front AV inputs for easy access to analog video transfers. (Excludes DRT400)
Digital Video Recorders
Humax will continue to market the T800 80-hour and T2500 300-hour standalone TiVo Series2 DVRs, both of which became available mid-July 2004. Effective January 2005, Humax will increase their T2500 consumer hardware rebate to $150.
All Humax products will continue to be eligible for all current TiVo-sponsored rebates.