|Blu-ray titles win big at First Ever High-Def Disc Awards|
|Home Theater News Blu-ray Software News|
|Written by AVRev.com|
|Wednesday, 12 December 2007|
Blu-ray titles captured seven of the 11 categories, picked by a panel of critics and bloggers. All high-def discs released since the inception of Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD were eligible.
The first-ever High-Def Disc Awards were presented at High-Def 2.0, a one-day conference presented by Home Media Magazine in cooperation with The Hollywood Reporter and the Entertainment Merchants Association.
"We’re delighted," said Dan Silverberg, vice president of High-Definition Media for Warner Bros. "300 was a huge success at the box office. It's been a huge success since being released on disc, and it's gratifying to see it singled out for recognition by the critics and bloggers who selected the winners for these awards."
Full list of winning Blu-ray titles:
• High Def Title of the Year: 300, Warner Home Video. Blu-ray.
• Best Live-Action Blu-ray: Casino Royale, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Blu-ray.
• Best Animated: Ratatouille, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. Blu-ray.
• Best Picture Quality: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. Blu-ray.
• Best Long-Form Music Video: Dave Mathews & Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City Music Hall, Sony BMG. Blu-ray.
• Best Catalog: Kingdom of Heaven: Director’s Cut, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. Blu-ray.
• Best Collection/Multidisc Set: Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Blu-ray.