Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > What's on HDTV?

What's on HDTV? Post about your favorite shows, glitches in programming and more. Tell us what shows look the best on your set as well as what HD looks like garbage.

Old 10-02-2007   #1

Default NBC HD signal and shows look horrible lately

Is it me or do the shows on NBC HD look terrible lately? It could just be my Time Warner Digital Cable's crappy compression, but NBC shows are horrible. Last night I watched "Chuck", "Heroes", and "Journeyman", and the video quality was outstandingly bad. There have always been compression and motion artifacts in HD Digital Cable, but the quality was even worse than that. It was super grainy. And the audio needed about a 10 notch boost on my a/v receiver. The HD presentation of "Heroes" in the first season was terrific but I have found it, and the other new shows really lacking this season. Anybody else experiencing crappy network broadcast HD signals?
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #2

Default Re: NBC HD signal and shows look horrible lately

I watched Law & Order SVU last night & it looked fine on both OTA & DirecTV.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #3

I think ESPNHD looks great on DISH Network. I switched from Directv over the summer. I also added an outdoor over the air ant. Some of the channels in HD look better on DISH and some looked better on Directv. I don't know why that would be??? Most of the over the air HD stations look better than either of the sat. dishes to me. I do lose the signal for a brief second from time to time with the ant. though.
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #4

I liked the way some of the VOOM channels looked on Dish when at my inlaws.
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, bad, broadcast, crappy, definition, dish, hd, heroes, high, horrible, nbc, network, problem, signal, signals, terrible, video, wrong