Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > What's on HDTV?

What's on HDTV? Post about your favorite shows, glitches in programming and more. Tell us what shows look the best on your set as well as what HD looks like garbage.

Old 05-16-2008   #1
rex

Default What do you think about all the HD channel changes on Dish?

What do you guys think about all of the HD programming changes at Dish? Personally, I never did watch the VOOM channels all that much -- a few samurai flicks on the KungFu channel (like Zatoichi) and an occasional horror movie on the Monster channel. So, I am not going to miss them too much. Besides the programming was always very repetitive. VOOM seldom seemed to add new content, mainly just kept repeating the same old movies. Some of the new channels like MGM look promising, and now my kids can watch Disney in HD so all in all I think the changes are positive. Hopefully they will be adding a lot more new HD channels in the months ahead.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #2

Default Re: What do you think about all the HD channel changes on Dish?

I don't see the point in dropping them before the litigation is over.

I mean 94 HD channells is better than 80 right?

Plus MonsterHD had cool programming if the rest did mostly suck (unless you were a soccer fan).

They are claiming they will pass DirecTV this summer on total HD stations. I'm waiting for that. Some of the new ones were weird. Like I now get Cinemax5 (orwhateveritscalled) in HD. So I get 2 Cinemax stations in HD.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #3

You know these channel wars can be beneficial to everyone, or, just a numbers game to compete with other Cable or Satelitte systems. And a lot of times, if that is what it is, then it becomes what channels are you getting. Is it the channels most people watch, or not?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011   #4

I think the Turbo HD packages are HD only network broadcasts. Having said that though, if a show on ESPN HD is broadcast only in SD, you will still get it.
Now, if Comcast currently carries MSNBC, and it's not one of the networks listed in the Turbo HD package, you won't be getting it at all. Follow???
johnwarner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bad, blu, channel, channels, default, dish, fu, hd, hdtv, kung, make, programming, ray, satellite, zatoichi