Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > What's on HDTV?

What's on HDTV? Post about your favorite shows, glitches in programming and more. Tell us what shows look the best on your set as well as what HD looks like garbage.

Old 12-20-2007   #1

Default Food Network in HD

Am I crazy but I think the programming on Food Network HD is more oriented towards the actual cooking shows than the more "red-states" lifestyle shows that they run in prime time.

I want to see more Barefoot Contessa and more Everyday Italian over the live studio shows and I am seeing more of that on Food Network HD.

Am I crazy?
Old 12-29-2007   #2

Default Re: Food Network in HD

Well Jerry, what do you think about this, and I know this is not the right thread for this. Especially, since McNabb and your Eagles are out of the playoffs. But, My Giants are in the playoffs. Which brings to mind this craziness with NFL Network being the only one to carry certain games.

At least now, CBS, NBC, and UPN Channel 9 will carry tonights game against the Patroits. But, will it be in HD? And, since we will probably get NFL Networks feed, that means we will be stuck with listening to Bryant Gumbel doing play by play.

No way, thats enough for me to ask kennyt to send me some of his Talisker here!! Whoever came up with the idea of Bryant doing those games, lost something in the transition.

But will we get it in HD?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #3

That Pats game got more viewers than ANY non-playoff game in 12 years. Amazing.

I didn't watch it as there was no reason to see cheaters like the Pats get patted on the back one more time.
Old 01-01-2008   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
That Pats game got more viewers than ANY non-playoff game in 12 years. Amazing.

I didn't watch it as there was no reason to see cheaters like the Pats get patted on the back one more time.
Well, of course I watched the game. But, you are right about the Patriots. Here is my thing, no one has really spoke about the fact that, Bill B. probably has a library of every team since he started taping. So whatever he gave the NFL and the commssioner, is nothing. Sure, teams are going to change plays and schemes, but they don`t expect other teams to be taping you either.

So, he can still draw on what must be a great source of collected info during his reign as coach in New England. That is what I believe, anyway.

As far as the amount of people watching, the undefeated season aspect of it, will draw the viewer that normally would not turn the game on, in the first place.
Old 01-08-2008   #5

Smile Re: Food Network in HD

Jerry, what, no props for the Giant victory over Tampa??
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, barefoot, contessa, everyday, food, forum, hd, hdtv, italian, kinds, network, receivers, satellite, video, whats