Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > What's on HDTV?

What's on HDTV? Post about your favorite shows, glitches in programming and more. Tell us what shows look the best on your set as well as what HD looks like garbage.

Old 11-07-2007   #1

Cool Dirty Jobs

Yea there is nothing spectacular about the audio or Video but it is in HD.
However I can count on this show to give me the most laughs every week, the things this guy gets into just cracks me up!!
Only Tom & Jerry on ToonHD has more laughs per minute!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #2

Default Re: Dirty Jobs

I liked this show early on, but it has degraded over time. The jobs got less 'dirty' and more drawn out......

I also am somewhat desensitized, working in a trauma hospital, I see people's limbs off, brains out and all the other gore in real life routinely, so it takes a lot to gross me out.....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #3

I agree with Kenny... Dirty Jobs is not as good as it use to be.

Same goes for Mythbusters... I just don't care for all the side-kicks on that show now but I still love watching all the experiments.

The most consistent show IMO is Modern Marvels. Nearly every episode can be described as excellent.

I don't know why but I've really gotten into cooking related shows lately.

Gordon Ramsey's kitchen nightmares on BBC America is great.

No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain is excellent too.

Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern is like watching a train wreck, I can't help but
watch to see what disgusting thing he will put in his mouth next.

Intervention, The first 48, and Southpark are also on the DVR list that I watch while
on the elliptical.
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #4

I really enjoyed Kitchen Confidential as a book ESPECIALLY the arrogant style of Bourdain but I think the show is just too soft. Not critical enough.

I felt the same way about Garlic and Saphires (the Ruth Richell book about being the NYTimes reviewer in disguise). She got treated like CRAP by Le Cirque in NYC (as I did too) and she only knocked them for 1/2 a star. While that seemed scandalous - it wasn't NEARLY enough. The French Laundry craps all over Le Cirque in EVERY category. In fact - there are just so many other TOP NOTCH Frenchy places in NYC that are better and treat you better - that I expect more honestly and less reputation in the reviews. JUST Like we have here on this forum!!!
Old 02-25-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Supra View Post
I don't know why but I've really gotten into cooking related shows lately.

No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain is excellent too.

Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern is like watching a train wreck, I can't help but
watch to see what disgusting thing he will put in his mouth next.
I am always amazed by Iron Chef America as the damn Iron chef guy ALWAYS makes something really delicious looking from whatever they give him. I have to wonder if it isn't somewhat rigged as the guys on the show cooking never even seem to talk, so how do they know what they are going to make?
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Supra View Post

Gordon Ramsey's kitchen nightmares on BBC America is great.
IMHO, Gordon Ramsey is the MOST entertaining of all of them. I love watching him give a good ass-chewing to the idiots that think they know what they're doing even though they're running their restaurants into the ground w/ miserable debt & no customers.

BBCs Kitchen Nightmares is the best - better than FOXs - he also has F WORD on BBC which is good. Hell's Kitchen is another good one on FOX.

Last edited by rlpiii; 07-10-2008 at 08:26 AM..
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, av, com, dirty, dirtyjobshospital, florida, forum, gordon, jobs, ramsay, richell, ruth, supra, system, video, wwwfworddirty