Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > Vinyl

Vinyl Long live the LP. Post topics about LPs, players, setup and more.

Old 10-16-2007   #1

Default Marriage of Vinyl and CD

Check this out... A German company, Optimal Media Production, has developed the ultimate hybrid - CD and Vinyl on one medium - dubbed VinylDisc.

The combo format can contain 70 minutes of audio on the CD side and a 3-minute song on the Vinyl side.

A group called Fightstar is making the first release in the format. It will be a limited edition, 3,000 copy, $6 disc. Apparently, the head of the production said that they are seeing an increasing growth in vinyl production, hence why they are merging digital and analog.

I doubt the VinylDisc will ever take over. Especially since it can only contain 3-minutes on the vinyl side. Still kind of interesting.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #2

Default Re: Marriage of Vinyl and CD

People will buy anything....
Old 10-19-2007   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post
Check this out... A German company, Optimal Media Production, has developed the ultimate hybrid - CD and Vinyl on one medium - dubbed VinylDisc.

The combo format can contain 70 minutes of audio on the CD side and a 3-minute song on the Vinyl side.

A group called Fightstar is making the first release in the format. It will be a limited edition, 3,000 copy, $6 disc. Apparently, the head of the production said that they are seeing an increasing growth in vinyl production, hence why they are merging digital and analog.

I doubt the VinylDisc will ever take over. Especially since it can only contain 3-minutes on the vinyl side. Still kind of interesting.
WHAT!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #4

Smile Re: Marriage of Vinyl and CD

This is too weird to comprehend but I'm certain Todd Rundgren will put something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post

narcoticprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #5

that's too weird for my taste…lol

http://www.recordvision.com

Last edited by recordvision; 08-26-2012 at 04:18 PM..
recordvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
angeles, cd, forums, germany, germanys, head, hybrid, location, los, media, optimal, playing, production, side, vinyl, vynil