Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > Vinyl

Vinyl Long live the LP. Post topics about LPs, players, setup and more.

Old 11-07-2007   #13

Default Re: I sold my collection of vintage Jimi Hendrix records

deacongreg,

I believe I have a severe case of Upgraditis. The constant need/want for newer better things!

Jerry, Charles,

If you don't have it already get the Jimi Hendrix Blues CD. It has remixes of stuff I have only ever heard on poorly recorded bootlegs and they did a great job cleaning them up (or they had better masters to begin with, not sure) but there's a great rendition of Hear My Train a Comin', Catfish Blue, Electric Church music (both the last two I only ever found on the album Electric Church Music which was pretty poor sonically...

You will love it! I do!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #14

Got it,
love it,
yer right on the mark, Doc.
With ALL the posthumous stuff from Jimi (the man really made only three albums), this one's a standout.

Note: the Experience museum in Seattle is a mindblower, even for knowledgable fans. Highly recommended. At one point there are two very tall, very wide walls full of 100s and 100s of LP covers. Just when I was taking some surprised but smug pride that I had a couple of weird ones that the museum didn't have, and calculating how soon to start my retirement after their auction, a nearby docent told me, "Oh, that's only part of what we have -- we rotate them."
mrmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #15

DUDE!

I thought I had a good collection of JH stuff! I didn't even know of the museum!

Glad to see I'm not the only one rocking out to this disc! It is really awesome! I was jammin' 'Catfish Blues' (a personal fav of mine, and one I am going to air out as soon as I finish typing) on the Def Tech's Mythos ST's the other night and I kid you not I was hitting 110 dB peaks and it was listenable to! Painfully loud, but sounded great. I moved to the other end of the house after turning it down and it still was loud, and sounded good!

Charles, going to hear this again...... LOUD!
Old 11-07-2007   #16

Ken, I am
SO
jealous,
as I sit here in my seaside, soundproofed-but-still-a condo.

110 dB . . .

I can only dream --

(or come visit)
mrmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #17

Dude,

I just called and got off the phone with Jerry, so I am JUST getting to play this disc, add to that the maid put it somewhere I didn't know.....

I'm going to look out my belly button window...
Old 11-07-2007   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
deacongreg,

I believe I have a severe case of Upgraditis. The constant need/want for newer better things!

Jerry, Charles,

If you don't have it already get the Jimi Hendrix Blues CD. It has remixes of stuff I have only ever heard on poorly recorded bootlegs and they did a great job cleaning them up (or they had better masters to begin with, not sure) but there's a great rendition of Hear My Train a Comin', Catfish Blue, Electric Church music (both the last two I only ever found on the album Electric Church Music which was pretty poor sonically...

You will love it! I do!
Okay, so what would be the remedy, or method of treatment??!! lol.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
collection, dvd, floyd, hendrix, jimi, jimmie, jimmy, pink, plains, prices, record, records, vintage, vinyl, white