Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > Vinyl

Vinyl Long live the LP. Post topics about LPs, players, setup and more.

Old 09-23-2011   #1

Default Jico replacement stylus

I recently bought an SAS stylus from Jico for my Shure Ultra 500 Cartridge.
Unfortunately when installed it appeared not to be connecting with the Earth connection inside the Cartridge, resulting in low level hum in both channels. Jico, thanks partly to language difficulties, took some convincing that the stylus was faulty, they even wanted me to return the Cartridge to them for testing in spite of my assurances that my present VN5MR stylus works perfectly. I was very disappointed that the stylus did not work but at the moment am frightened to try another SAS in case I get a repeat performance. To give credit to Jico they have refunded my money including the cost to me of returning it. I wonder if anyone else out there has had a similar problem?
Sunbuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, audio, bands, buy, cartridge, jico, made, powered, replacement, rock, shure, shures, stylus, ultra, vbulletin