Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > Vinyl

Vinyl Long live the LP. Post topics about LPs, players, setup and more.

Old 12-21-2007   #13

Smile Re: Vinyl Outsells SACD and DVD-Audio combined in 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Greg,

I like the look of the VPI HRX, I also like some of the Clearaudio tables Solution, Master solution, maybe champion.... Kuzma makes some cool looking TT's also, I just have one HUGE problem... Finding a store that sells all the different brands!

Yes, I know I'm already looking at >$5K rigs, without carts.....

Have I mentioned I have a shopping problem??
Mostly definitely, you have. lol!!! Back you would not be you, if you didn`t. And, especially in todays marketplace, it will not only be a challenge to see different turntables at one dealer, but to have them also setup to compare, I mean you could not really do that when vinyl was king.

But, I was really trying to tell you, that the TT`s are very, very, good today. And in my opinion, you do not have to go off in what you spend.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #14

Default Re: Vinyl Outsells SACD and DVD-Audio combined in 2006

... but one of the reasons I so love TT's outside of the smoothness (which good digital is approaching) is the bad a$$ look of the high end tables!

Hate to say it, but I would easily drop an additional G or so to get one that looked super cool as well as sounded great!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #15

Default Re: Vinyl Outsells SACD and DVD-Audio combined in 2006

I think that SACD hybrid is fine for me, that way, you could listen to it on anything, any CD player, but not appreciate the SACD without A SACD player or universal disc player. I think that DVD-A has better sound quality, Have a Vince Gill DVD-A - (High Lonesome)--InCrediible, another dimension.
A DVD that I already had blew me away when I set it for DTS on my Oppo digital, it was like, they did not know the quality they were putting in there. DTS, DOlby or PCM stereo 88 bits, they all sound awesome. The average guy does not care about what his music sounds like, it is all the same to him I guess. I for one, would not want to go back to records. Would rather listen to Cassettes. Before I got my Oppodigital, I would make tapes of my CDs and either sell them or give them away.
Jim
Fishman pickupsl
"John 3:16"
guit30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
cd, combined, cosmos, dvda, dvdaudio, dvdsacd, kuzma, lps, outselling, phased, sale, sota, tt, vinyl, westchester, york