Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > Vinyl

Vinyl Long live the LP. Post topics about LPs, players, setup and more.

Old 12-18-2007   #7

Thumbs up Re: Vinyl Outsells SACD and DVD-Audio combined in 2006

kennyt,
Yes, you are Ken for sure!! But seriously, you do not necessarily have to go there as far as price. One of my favorite turntables is the VPI Series. The VPI TNT-HRX is a very nice table, but for about $2500.00 the VPI Aries Scoutmaster is a great turntable in my opinion. And with VPI, they give you many different iterations and choices of motors and tone arms.

Also, back in the day when most people believed Linn was king, the Sota Cosmos, to me was a great turntable. So, you do not have to go crazy, just cause you can. Buy a nice cartridge, get some Last perservative record cleaner, and your good.

I still love vinyl.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #8

Default Re: Vinyl Outsells SACD and DVD-Audio combined in 2006

Ah, Greg, you pique my interest in analog further.... You mean man! I need to then drop several thousand on a TT, some more on a cart, good phono pre, cables, extra outboard shelves for my new rack....

OK, 1/1/08 I become partner, once I pay off the latest toys I'll go hunting TT's!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #9

It's nice to see vinyl is still alive and has a heartbeat. It doesn't surprise me that LP's outsold DVD-A and SACD's. Even though SACD's are still being launched into the marketplace, it's VERY difficult to find DVD-A's anywhere....much to my displeasure. Jerry and I have talked about this alot. It is sooooo sad to see both of these superior format CD's not being accepted into the marketplace. Yes, the warm sound of vinyl is terrific, but I still love listening to my top quality DVD-A discs anytime I can.
sbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #10

Smile Re: Vinyl Outsells SACD and DVD-Audio combined in 2006

Ah, the irony. I remember the dark days when the music industry forced the CD down our throats, removing the LP records from the stores and slowly phasing out the audio tape, not that I was crazy about tapes. Before that the CD was a misfit in the record stores, sales were sluggish and the outlook wasn't so bright for the shiny little disc. CD burners, mp3s, and napster have made the greedy little execs reconsider how wise that move really was, and now look at that headline. I think I'll go take my ole Mitsubishi LT-22 out of the box and give it a spin again.

Long live the VINYL RECORD!
pick2568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #11

Smile Re: Vinyl Outsells SACD and DVD-Audio combined in 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Ah, Greg, you pique my interest in analog further.... You mean man! I need to then drop several thousand on a TT, some more on a cart, good phono pre, cables, extra outboard shelves for my new rack....

OK, 1/1/08 I become partner, once I pay off the latest toys I'll go hunting TT's!

Congrats on becoming partner. Thats the way to start a new year. Have fun shopping. I envy you. I loved my first turntables that I bought. It was almost idolatry. I used to watch my Shure V15 Type III cartridge just ride my records. Get my discwasher out and clean my stylus and lps. Oh, the pain!!!!!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #12

Greg,

I like the look of the VPI HRX, I also like some of the Clearaudio tables Solution, Master solution, maybe champion.... Kuzma makes some cool looking TT's also, I just have one HUGE problem... Finding a store that sells all the different brands!

Yes, I know I'm already looking at >$5K rigs, without carts.....

Have I mentioned I have a shopping problem??
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
cd, combined, cosmos, dvda, dvdaudio, dvdsacd, kuzma, lps, outselling, phased, sale, sota, tt, vinyl, westchester, york