Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > Vinyl

Vinyl Long live the LP. Post topics about LPs, players, setup and more.

Old 02-25-2008   #7

Smile Re: Cleaning machines - VPI HW-16.5

That is really excellent. It seems like you are doing well with your purchase. Great.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #8

Question Re: Cleaning machines - VPI HW-16.5

Yes, I am extremely happy. Curious how long the vacuum tube felt(?) will last, and haven't decided what to do with the two other bottles of fluid that came with the package.

Does anyone think it is worth using the cork pad that came with the cleaner for the first side, and then swapping it out with the additional one that came with the package for the other side: A GOOD THING?

Or just hype?

But how would the pad go bad anyway?
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #9

Default Re: Cleaning machines - VPI HW-16.5

I would try it and see.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pws442 View Post
Yes, I am extremely happy. Curious how long the vacuum tube felt(?) will last, and haven't decided what to do with the two other bottles of fluid that came with the package.

Does anyone think it is worth using the cork pad that came with the cleaner for the first side, and then swapping it out with the additional one that came with the package for the other side: A GOOD THING?

Or just hype?

But how would the pad go bad anyway?
My understanding is the second cork pad is so the 'just cleaned' side of the album doesn't see the dirt from the second side....

I seems really anal to me, if you clean each side as you prepare to play it, then it won't be necessary. If you want to clean all your albums once, it is likely a good idea, but for me seems cumbersome. M. Fremer of Stereophile recommended this, and everyone seems to have latched onto it.

How have you been enjoying the VPI 16.5??? I am looking to get one soon, just curious...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
How have you been enjoying the VPI 16.5??? I am looking to get one soon, just curious...
Yes, I am enjoying it quite a lot! And it is a lot of fun to show off to my friends! It also doesn't make as much noise as I was led to believe.
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011   #12

Sir, no comments, if your wife is killing you, just go and by equipments as you have mentioned.
rozer2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
165, anal, audio, cleaner, cleaners, cleaning, hw, hw16, hw165, machine, record, review, reviews, vp1, vpi