Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > Vinyl

Vinyl Long live the LP. Post topics about LPs, players, setup and more.

Old 03-07-2008   #19

Thumbs up Re: Why isn't this on vinyl??

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper1968 View Post
I just picked up a SL1200 and resurrected my vinyl collection (about 750 lps)- I am glad to see that with the re-issue of the Joy Division catalog on CD, they also released it on 180g vinyl - ya!

Plus I also picked up the limited edition NIN Ghosts on vinyl in addition to the CD's
The Technics SL1200 MK2 turntable. The best and most popular DJ table of its day. I remember it well. It comes in black now, which did you get, and what cartridge are you using?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #20

Default Re: Why isn't this on vinyl??

Donnie Darko Soundtrack
DirtyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #21

Default Re: Why isn't this on vinyl??

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
You know what I miss? About buying vinyl. The whole dag on experience. Getting on the subway from the Bronx, taking the old iron horse, the no.2 train to 180th street. Then switching to the Lexington Avenue no. 5 train. To get off at 14th street. Walk thru the Village and hit the record stores. Talk with the people who work there, who love music also, and pick up some great music.

Then, maybe hit Nedicks or Nathans, or one of the cool organic cafes, or head to Chinatown for a good meal. Maybe pick up some ginseng in those little bottles!! But most of all, to get home, and open up your bag, rip off the plastic, and here it is, LOOK AT THE ALBUM COVER!! With all its artwork and liner notes. Gaze at who was playing on the LP (sidemen). And if it was a 2 lp set, even more to gaze at.

Then finally, putting that record on your turntable platter, cleaning it with Discwasher or Last record cleaner. Snap, crackle and pop in some cases, a little hiss, then presto, great music.

Is anybody with me, I MISS THAT!! The little booklet in the cd case, just doesn`t do it.
I'm with you!!!!!

If you're from NYC, have you ever visited The Thing? The entire basement is Records, floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall…it's crazy!

http://www.recordvision.com

Last edited by recordvision; 08-26-2012 at 04:19 PM..
recordvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
180g, blue, cd, end, happy, hype, lp, master, naked, puppets, resolution, skip, sky, vinly, vinyl, wilco