Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Projectors

Video Projectors Talk projectors, screens, technology and more.

Old 09-01-2007   #1

Default JVC HD-2K Front Video Projector - Review from 2005

http://www.avrev.com/equip/jvchd2k/

At the time, this projector was the KING of the world along with the Sony Qualia 004 but less money.

You still can make one HELL of a picture with an HD2k and there are a number of people that have software tweaks for the projector that get get even better performance from it. William Phelps is the guy I used for my lesser JVC D-ILA that i had at the time. Phelps now works with Meridian on their projectors - http://www.meridian-audio.com/p_mf2.htm

Have you used any of these aftermarket softwre tweaks?

Has anyone tried to make their Home Theater PC do the video processing for this projector?
Old 06-14-2012   #2

Default Re: JVC HD-2K Front Video Projector - Review from 2005

This is a discussion on Ipad 1 to projector? within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category;
LesleyIlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012   #3

Can anyone assist with a suggestion of a budget portable projector which will work with an original iPad ??? Just for photos Brand and model ..
Old 06-14-2012   #4

Well, that's fairly horrible resolution, even for a pico projector (hence the ultra cheap price...for a pico). There is nothing video source wise that uses HVGA as a native resolution, so it's going to be down converting, and I just haven't seen any high quality up or down converter ever.
Old 06-14-2012   #5

10 lumen's also means your going to need a fairly, if not completely dark area to prevent the image from being washed out. My advice would be to keep looking elsewhere.
Old 06-14-2012   #6

comparing the Optoma PK-101 with the wonderwall, the optoma gets the nod

they're about equally bright, but the optoma has way sharper image quality and color

i'm getting a led bulb for the wonderwall, should have it in a couple of days

will report back with the results, but for now the optoma easily, in my opinion, beats the stock wonderwall
Sponsored Links

Tags
2k, buy, dh, frontvideo, grade, hd, hd2k, jvc, projector, projectors, proyector, review, reviews, specs, video