Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Projectors

Video Projectors Talk projectors, screens, technology and more.

Old 07-18-2010   #1

Default short throw projectors for video wall?

Hi all,
Brand new here and Im investigaging the possibilities to make a video wall using several projectors...
The wall is 3.5m high and 50 meters long...
The idea is to use short throw projectors and possibly the necessary HW & SW to connect all images projected along the wall.
ie start something on the left hand side of the wall and project it all the way down to the right
the image quality does not have to be perfect because most of the content will animaton created for this pupose.
Can anyone tell me what i need to accomplish this, and if you know the best products (projectors) for th job...?
Hope someone can help me...
Thanks
legepe
legepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #2
Administrator

Default Re: short throw projectors for video wall?

In order for the question to be answered the throw distance needs to be known as well. Also would the projectors need to be mounted in a cluster or can they be spread out over the distance.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #3

They need to be spred evenly across the wall to hopfully get the effect..
Regarding the throw distance.. i just need the image projected to roughly three meters (in depth) and then join (merge) the next image with it... to the right..
I don't know what i am trying to accomplish is possible - for example I want to display a ball on the left and have is shoot all the way down to the right (final projector)???
Old 07-18-2010   #4
Administrator

How far will the projector be away from the wall?
Old 07-19-2010   #5

Hi there and thanks so far for your replies...
I am not completely sure how far it should be.. I just need to get an image with at least a 3 meter depth to cover most of the wall.. at a guess though I would say around 3ft to 4 ft but the closer the better.
Old 07-20-2010   #6
Administrator

That will take a special lens to get a 9ft high image with a 3-4 ft throw distance. Your best bet is going to seek out a projector provider that specializes in that. There could be some information for you at www.projectorcentral.com. They have throw vs image size calculators. It may take two at each location to get that height.

After you decide on how many projectors it will require then you will need a video wall controller like this:
Video Wall Controller. You can google "video wall controller" for more ideas.

If you have a good A/V supplier in your area, I would seek them out. Good luck.
Sponsored Links

Tags
4ft, controller, forum, image, katy, projector, projectors, quality, rent, short, suitable, throw, tx, video, wall