Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Projectors

Video Projectors Talk projectors, screens, technology and more.

Old 12-19-2009   #1

Default Dimming Dell

Have a Dell 2200 MP w/609 hours on lamp. Several weeks ago a darkening band appeared on left edge of screen from top to bottom. Not a sharp edge but graduated affecting about 1/8 of the display. In about 3 months time this band grew to cover about 1/5 of the screen. Today I removed the lamp to inspect it and the projector. All appeared OK. Immediately after re-installing the lamp the area affected grew to cover almost half of the display. Replaced lamp with a back-up and after re-installing I've lost 3/4 of the image and after going back to the original lamp the entire image is impossibly dim. Image is sharp and color seems correct but too dark. Tried a reset to factory spec's to no avail. Any idea's? This Noob thanks you in advance!
vtwintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #2

Default Re: Dimming Dell

Tis is most likely caused by the projector LCD back light or LCD screen inside projector failing.

Last edited by daiva; 12-20-2009 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: why dont u allow links
daiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiva View Post
Tis is most likely caused by the projector LCD back light or LCD screen inside projector failing.
Thanks daiva but the Dell 2200MP is a DLP not a LCD and what would explain the condition worsening every time the lamp is repaced?
vtwintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #4
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwintom View Post
Thanks daiva but the Dell 2200MP is a DLP not a LCD and what would explain the condition worsening every time the lamp is repaced?
My guess is there is a diffuser or lense between the lamp and DLP chip that is deteriorating due to heat. Maybe new bulbs make the condition show up more.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #5

Hi, I repair my projector at www.audiovideonyc.com Affordable, Dependable, Fast!!!
genes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwintom View Post
Have a Dell 2200 MP w/609 hours on lamp. Several weeks ago a darkening band appeared on left edge of screen from top to bottom. Not a sharp edge but graduated affecting about 1/8 of the display. In about 3 months time this band grew to cover about 1/5 of the screen. Today I removed the lamp to inspect it and the projector. All appeared OK. Immediately after re-installing the lamp the area affected grew to cover almost half of the display. Replaced lamp with a back-up and after re-installing I've lost 3/4 of the image and after going back to the original lamp the entire image is impossibly dim. Image is sharp and color seems correct but too dark. Tried a reset to factory spec's to no avail. Any idea's? This Noob thanks you in advance!

Hi guys,,This is sannu here,,,,I think ,that's very informative post....thanks for share good suggestion,,,,,good luck !!!!
sannu123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2200, 2200mp, color, dark, darkened, dell, dim, dim image, display, edge, lamp, mp, projector, reset, screen