Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Projectors (http://www.avrev.com/forum/video-projectors-22/)
-   -   Dimming Dell (http://www.avrev.com/forum/video-projectors/4340-dimming-dell.html)

vtwintom 12-19-2009 05:20 PM

Dimming Dell

Have a Dell 2200 MP w/609 hours on lamp. Several weeks ago a darkening band appeared on left edge of screen from top to bottom. Not a sharp edge but graduated affecting about 1/8 of the display. In about 3 months time this band grew to cover about 1/5 of the screen. Today I removed the lamp to inspect it and the projector. All appeared OK. Immediately after re-installing the lamp the area affected grew to cover almost half of the display. Replaced lamp with a back-up and after re-installing I've lost 3/4 of the image and after going back to the original lamp the entire image is impossibly dim. Image is sharp and color seems correct but too dark. Tried a reset to factory spec's to no avail. Any idea's? This Noob thanks you in advance!

daiva 12-20-2009 10:55 PM

Re: Dimming Dell

Tis is most likely caused by the projector LCD back light or LCD screen inside projector failing.

vtwintom 12-20-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiva (Post 23464)
Tis is most likely caused by the projector LCD back light or LCD screen inside projector failing.

Thanks daiva but the Dell 2200MP is a DLP not a LCD and what would explain the condition worsening every time the lamp is repaced?

rbinck 12-21-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtwintom (Post 23465)
Thanks daiva but the Dell 2200MP is a DLP not a LCD and what would explain the condition worsening every time the lamp is repaced?

My guess is there is a diffuser or lense between the lamp and DLP chip that is deteriorating due to heat. Maybe new bulbs make the condition show up more.

genes 01-11-2010 08:29 PM

Hi, I repair my projector at www.audiovideonyc.com Affordable, Dependable, Fast!!!

sannu123 03-16-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtwintom (Post 23459)
Have a Dell 2200 MP w/609 hours on lamp. Several weeks ago a darkening band appeared on left edge of screen from top to bottom. Not a sharp edge but graduated affecting about 1/8 of the display. In about 3 months time this band grew to cover about 1/5 of the screen. Today I removed the lamp to inspect it and the projector. All appeared OK. Immediately after re-installing the lamp the area affected grew to cover almost half of the display. Replaced lamp with a back-up and after re-installing I've lost 3/4 of the image and after going back to the original lamp the entire image is impossibly dim. Image is sharp and color seems correct but too dark. Tried a reset to factory spec's to no avail. Any idea's? This Noob thanks you in advance!

Hi guys,,This is sannu here,,,,I think ,that's very informative post....thanks for share good suggestion,,,,,good luck !!!!