Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Projectors

Video Projectors Talk projectors, screens, technology and more.

Old 07-14-2009   #1

Default What home theater projector should i get?

Hello everyone! I am looking for a budget home theater projector that i will be running my ps3 and xbox 360 through and maybe a computer, i want as good a picture as i can get for as little as possible. this will be set up in my bed room so it does not really need to be projecting that far maybe like 8-10 ft or more, need help... thank you p.s. a tip and a good cheaper saround sound system 5.1...

Thanks in advance!
Dustin
Dustin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009   #2

Default Re: What home theater projector should i get?

Hmm....

Here again is a plethora of choices and depending on what you're trying to accomplish. JVC makes some great projectors and fantastic prices. Truth is, I can't see your room and don't know what type of home you have. JVC will give you the best bang for the buck, but you're going to come in at around $5,000. You can get a cheaper presentation type projector, but you will quickly find you will not be satisfied with the picture. We tell all of our clients, if they can't afford something good, don't waste their money on something cheap.

However, if you're not planning on living there long, you may want to find a cheapo. You can also get some surround sound in a box reasonably cheap ($100-300) at some big box store. If it's just a bedroom and not your main room for entertainment, I'm sure you don't want much. A lot will depend on how you plan on using the room. A decent surround sound system can cost around $2,400 - 5,000. This will depend if it's 5.1, 7.1, etc. Really, for a bedroom, simple stereo would probably be more than enough.

We have some ideas on set up at our site at advancedaudiovideo.com It will have more information on how to set up a room, etc.
rickcreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009   #3

Take a look at the Panasonic AE3000. A great projector at less than $2400.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #4
wes

King of the hill JVC RS20 his little brother JVC RS10 is not bad either
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #5

JVC is the absolute **** - my cousin owns one and it is AWESOME. The DILA (LCoS) technology really brings out the picture compared to my DLP Panasonic
digitalmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009   #6

You should also consider the weight of a projector. If you are going to be mounting a projector, and leaving it, you can probably go for a heavier projector weighing 8 or more pounds. The bigger a projector, within reason, means you will be paying less. 6 pound projectors are also very cheap, and these are probably the best priced units for traveling with. Anything around 4 pounds or less will get very expensive. 6 pounds is not too heavy, and should be very easy to carry around in a shoulder bag.
Roi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
basic, budget, cheap, cheaphometheaterprojector, forum, good, home, projector, projectors, setup, sound, starter, theater, theatre, video