Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Projectors

Video Projectors Talk projectors, screens, technology and more.

Old 09-12-2008   #1
Administrator

Default Runco Unveils VX-8 3-Chip Video Projector

Runco announces the addition of the VX-8 to its high-performance VideoXtremeTM projector line. The 3-chip VX-8 offers impressive contrast and brightness at a competitive price point. The VX-8 offers custom installers Runco's signature perfection in imagery, featuring the most advanced video processing capabilities via Runco's DHD with VivixTM, three SuperOnyxTM DMDs and Runco's exclusive super-widescreen 2.35:1 CineWideTM technology. The 1080p/24-compatible VX-8 features extensive connectivity, including multiple HDMI inputs

The VX-8, like all Runco products, was created to be Installer DependentTM, which indicates to consumers that professional installation is required with the product for optimum experience. The VX-8 delivers by offering incredible flexibility to the installer to ensure a perfect fit into any theater, with seven primary lens options, three CineWide lens choices and two CineWide with AutoScope choices. Other installer-conscious features the VX-8 boasts include a new low-noise cabinet design, updated Proteus lenses, increased power AxiShiftTM for added installation flexibility, high-altitude operation and lamp life of up to 2,500 hours.

The VideoXtreme VX-8 features the outstanding video quality that installers and video connoisseurs have long enjoyed and come to expect from Runco. The company's ConstantContrastTM offers frame-by-frame contrast correction, while its CorrectColorTM delivers complete color calibration for D65 perfection. The VX-8 also includes ISFcccTM calibration for top image performance in any ambient light conditions during the day or at night.

Runco Home Theater products are built with quality and craftsmanship to ensure an amazing experience. All Runco displays feature a two-year RuncoCare standard warranty. Extended options are also available for one or two additional years. RuncoCare is simple, convenient and offers the best protection in the industry.

In addition to the standard and extended RuncoCare, Runco now offers a suite of RedCarpet premium services, which provide increased value-added support that goes above and beyond the standard warranty. Among the RedCarpet offerings is an Advanced Exchange warranty, under which a replacement unit is sent immediately so customers are never without their video display. Advanced Exchange coverage is available for up to four years. The RedCarpet program is ideal for Runco dealers and their customers because it provides the elevated level of service and support that Runco customers demand.

All Runco products are available only through its authorized dealer network. The VideoXtreme VX-8 will ship in January 2009 at an MSRP of $19,995.
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #2

Default Re: Runco Unveils VX-8 3-Chip Video Projector

Wow - since it's Runco I figured it would set one back about the price of a Mercedes ... nice surprise that it's only about a Hyundai price tag.
Old 11-23-2008   #3
ALB

Default Re: Runco Unveils VX-8 3-Chip Video Projector

I'm located in London, Ontario. According to my local rep
there is a new model expected in Jan 09 called the VX - 8C

I have been told that this models offers only up to 720P resolution. The picture I
viewed was exceptional however I am still wrestling with the prospect of not
having the full 1080P benefits.

I am well aware that my only source for 1080P would be blu-ray but I can't help but thinking I may be making a mistake. The up sale cost to move to the 1080P 3 chip version I was told was $ 8,000.00 I am having a hard time justifying this amount.

Has anyone heard of a VX - 8C model?

Should I be satisfied with the 720P spec?

Al
ALB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #4

Cool Re: Runco Unveils VX-8 3-Chip Video Projector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB View Post
I'm located in London, Ontario. According to my local rep
there is a new model expected in Jan 09 called the VX - 8C

I have been told that this models offers only up to 720P resolution. The picture I
viewed was exceptional however I am still wrestling with the prospect of not
having the full 1080P benefits.

I am well aware that my only source for 1080P would be blu-ray but I can't help but thinking I may be making a mistake. The up sale cost to move to the 1080P 3 chip version I was told was $ 8,000.00 I am having a hard time justifying this amount.

Has anyone heard of a VX - 8C model?

Should I be satisfied with the 720P spec?

Al
I got excited about this too, until I found out it was a 720p projector. At $20k for a 1080p 3-chip DLP, it would actually seem a bargain (a word not frequently used in the same sentence as "Runco"); for a 720p projector, it's overpriced. And since Runco was acquired by Planar, it's likely to be a souped-up version of the Planar Viper (check it out at http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/08/21...-hd-projector/).

Too bad. 3-chip DLPs need a price drop and they'll encourage a new generation of home theater buyers (since those with the $7 to $10 thousand projectors will then upgrade to 3-chip, and sell off to new purchasers their old gear).

Nick
Nick Satullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, 3chip, cost, dlp, home, installation, largest, projector, projectors, runco, sale, theater, video, vx, vx8, vx8c