Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 10-17-2007   #1

Default 120Hz Motionflow Technology

I recently saw a demo of Sony's new 120Hz Motionflow Technology which is currently bundled inside all of their Bravia sets. What struck me as interesting is that the quality and effect of the video was comparable to something Meridian has been developing for a few years. The image is SUPER smooth and the motion is quite interesting. It takes a bit of getting used to, however, it makes everything else look jittery and out of focus once you see it done right. Seriously, the difference is not subtle. It takes a few viewings for the "effect" to seem natural but once it sinks in it is quite amazing.

I'm looking forward to filling you all in more when my review of the new Sony rear projection HDTV hits AVRev.com soon. There are a few stores with Motionflow demos and I highly recommend you check them out. I don't think this type of video experience is just a neat trick or fad since there are a number of other companies playing with similar technology.

Meridian, Bang & Olufsen, Samsung and Sony are some of the few that have products out or coming soon that will feature this "super smooth" video playback.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #2

Default Re: 120Hz Motionflow Technology

I can't wait to read the entire review.
Old 10-17-2007   #3

These make a huge amount of sense as the obviate the need for 3:2 pull down. 120hz is divisible by 24, so you just show the same frame several times.

I always felt this was one of the reasons Pioneer was so good at plasma!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #4

Smile Re: 120Hz Motionflow Technology

Andrew, certainly am awaiting your review. Your always get the good stuff!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #5

Adrienne seems to be pretty darn fond of this technology too as per her pending reviews.

I worry about so MANY new technologies causing consumer confusion however if the video is clearly better - people will spend.
Old 11-03-2007   #6

Good concern to have Jerry. I doesn`t seem as though the manufacturers have that same concern with technology. But given the fact quality will improve and its not hard to implement, people will go for it.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
120, 120hz, definition, description, flow, hardware, hz, motion, motionflow, motionflow120hz, review, sd, settings, sony, technologies, technology