Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 11-08-2007   #7

Default Re: 120Hz Motionflow Technology

The beauty of MotionFlow and 120Hz is that it only aides your HD enjoyment. If your TV doesn't have it but can still do 1080p at 24p then you're still in business. MotionFlow is just the icing on the cake really. I've descovered that it works best with HD material esspecially HD DVD and Blu-ray. Broadcast SD not so well. The great thing about the Sony is that you can set each of the TV's inputs to use MotionFlow independently from the next, truly tailoring your experience. I dig it. I just picked up a Samsung LCD that has it as well and it to is amazing. I'm sold. Review coming soon.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #8

How does motionflow help with SD?

I just watched the Eagles Dolphins game in SD on my Meridian-Faroudja projector and it looked REALLY jittery. The action was very "stair-stepped" and blurry.

Is it significantly better with Motionflow - a new technolgy?
Old 11-18-2007   #9

I've found motion flow coupled with 120Hz display does help SD a bit, esspecially in terms of edge fidelity however, if the Motionflow settings are set to high the stair stepping is enhanced not minimized. Keep it to low and things smooth out a bit but sadly, it is not a cure all for SD is still SD.

Motionflow really has a hard time with small, super fast moving objects, like long bombs down field from my man Farve.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
120, 120hz, definition, description, flow, hardware, hz, motion, motionflow, motionflow120hz, review, sd, settings, sony, technologies, technology