Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Processors, Technology & Calibration (http://www.avrev.com/forum/video-processors-technology-calibration-29/)
-   -   What is the best video processor on the market? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/video-processors-technology-calibration/744-what-best-video-processor-market.html)

AVRevForum.com 09-18-2007 06:59 PM

What is the best video processor on the market?

Voice your opinion on what the best video processor on the market is currently.

kennyt 09-18-2007 07:02 PM

Re: What is the best video processor on the market?

I am going for the DVDO VP50pro, the only one I've seen that is better is the 'magic black box' Meridian has been showing for the last year or two that is estimated to cost some $30K, and at CEDIA they were now saying they may never bring it to market as it is just to difficult to produce.

What it does for pictures is so amazing it seems unreal at first, but once you watch for a second, you realize it is just so real you aren't used to seeing a TV look so good!

Kevin Miller 09-19-2007 06:46 AM

Having reviewed the last two generations of DVDO product, and owning a DVDO VP50 I have to concur with Kenny. DVDO Rules! The days of 30K video processors are long gone.

JerryDelColliano 10-11-2007 04:31 PM

I like my Faroudja that comes with my meridian projector but DVDO now is making a lesser expensive processor for that rig. Their stuff is good too.

Dirk Diggler 10-18-2007 09:24 AM

Im kinda new and bumb when it comes to this stuff. What the heck is a VP50? Im assuming the VP stands for Video Processor. From what i gather, it smooths out choppy SD video so your TV doesnt have to upconvert it to 1080p? Doesnt your TV try to impose its own "will" on the picture too or can you turn off your TVs internal scaler if you have an outboard video processor?

Robinson_A 10-18-2007 04:20 PM

After having seen the Sony MotionFlow 120Hz demo I'm begining to think that the Meridian "magic box" is nothing more than their take on similar technology. Based on what they said at CEDIA the "magic box" adds frames between the frames for smoother motion and image quality which is EXACTLY what Sony's MotionFlow technology does. I have no doubt that the Merdian box has a few extra features and probably does it better but seeing as how all future Sony displays will have MotionFlow built in I question Meridian's $30K price tag. However, I don't think I would call either forms a video processor like the VP50 and VP50 Pro. Although I would LOVE to see a signal passing through the VP50 into a Sony MotionFlow capable display. Mmmmmm, makes me wonder...