Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 08-31-2007   #1

Default "Deep Color" does anyone have a TV with it yet?

This new technology that the Toshiba HD-XA2 can do sounds amazing but it only works on TV's that have HDMI 1.3 inputs and are set up for "deep color".

The way I understand it, most TVs can do millions of colors. Deep color sets can do BILLIONS of colors so you dont get conturing rings around gradients (transitions from dark to light).

I bet it looks amazing but I have yet to see a TV that has this feature.
Neil Peart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #2

Default Re: "Deep Color" does anyone have a TV with it yet?

Looks like they are few and far between at this point. The Samsung 52-inch 65Series LCD HDTV does include 3 HDMI inputs sporting version 1.3. There might be some Sony's on the way with HDMI 1.3 as well.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #3

Default Re: "Deep Color" does anyone have a TV with it yet?

I got the player but my projector I don't belive is there.
Sponsored Links

Tags
bluray, calibration, color, colour, deep, deepcolor, processors, projector, review, samsung, supporting, technology, television, tv, tvs