Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 12-09-2007   #7

Smile Re: WHY CALIBRATE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosePond View Post
Yeah, I know, I live just a few miles from you in Croton-on-Hudson. Talk to you when I get back.
Okay. talk with you then. And a Merry Christmas, to you and your family.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #8

Default Re: WHY CALIBRATE?

I had Michael Chen do my calibration shortly after I bought the 60" SXRD the difference was astounding.
wilkinsb@telus.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #9

Quote:
I'm headed to Boca tomorrow to become isf certified.
I am a few miles from Boca, and last month bought a 73" Mitsubishi, a 46" Samsung, and a 42" Sharp. Could you stop by and have a first crack at practicing your new skills?
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pws442 View Post
I am a few miles from Boca, and last month bought a 73" Mitsubishi, a 46" Samsung, and a 42" Sharp. Could you stop by and have a first crack at practicing your new skills?
Sorry, won't have my new Sencore equipment until after Christmas . . . go to the isf website (www.imagingscience.com) and check out the guys in your area (including the isf gurus themselves)

Last edited by MoosePond; 12-17-2007 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: correct typo
MoosePond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #11

Quote:
Sorry, won't have my new Sencor equipment until after Christmas . . . go to the isf website (www.imagingscience.com) and check out the guys in your area (including the isf gurus themselves)
Did you meet any ISF people that you were especially impressed with? You know, charm, humor, and talent?

Hope you are enjoying the weather down here, a little nicer than the Northeast right now!
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #12

Default Re: WHY CALIBRATE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pws442 View Post
Did you meet any ISF people that you were especially impressed with? You know, charm, humor, and talent?

Hope you are enjoying the weather down here, a little nicer than the Northeast right now!
Well, isf founder Joel Silver is pretty darned impressive, as is his co-instructor Bob Fucci, and both have almost certainly forgotten more about video than I'll ever know. A couple of my fellow students were also way above me in their knowledge and understanding (to be fair they have been high-end custom installers for several years) but it was certainly an informative and impressive week. So much so that I'm getting ready to invest sizably in a Sencore setup.

Other than a couple of showers the weather was great.

btw, in answer to the question "Why Calibrate?", I'm personally hoping that I too can afford to drive something like Joel's gem below:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg isf NSX (1).jpg (113.3 KB, 7 views)

Tags
audio, audiovideo, bob, calibrate, calibrating, calibration, calibrator, chen, dvd, fucci, isf, michael, ny, projector, subwoofer, westchester