Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 08-24-2007   #1
Administrator

Default Upscaled Wii?

Has anyone used something like a DVDO VP-50 on the Nintendo Wii?

One has to imagine with the sucess of the Wii so far (still hard to find in stores), an HD version will come out someday.
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #2

Default Re: Upscaled Wii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVRevForum.com View Post
One has to imagine with the sucess of the Wii so far (still hard to find in stores), an HD version will come out someday.
Not going to happen this generation.
That would completely destroy the main advantage it has over the PS3 & 360, it's price.
While it costs more to produce a PS3 or 360 than what they are sold for at retail the wii has made a profit from day 1.

I don't care how good wii sports looks in HD no one is going to pay $450+ for a wii, the gimmicky controller wears thin soon & there is just no games for it other than wii sports & Zelda (both launch games) & wii sports was a free bundle.

I have several friends with wii's & they are just collecting dust unless a niece or nephew come over.

Nope Nintendo will not go HD on the wii, they had a brilliant marketing idea, by repackaging the slow selling game cube with a "cool" controller & packaging it with the best game for the wii so far they have sold a ton of them & made a profit from the start.
maybe in 5 years the next gen wii will be HD, by then it will be much cheaper to implement.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #3

maybe if someone here knows someone at Nintendo, they can comment here.
Neil Peart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #4

I use my Faroudja to scale to 1080p on PS3 and XBox.
Old 11-03-2007   #5

I saw the Wii on the 103 inch Panasonic.

It looked pretty good. A little fuzzy on the edges but that didn't keep people from having a BLAST playing the tennis game.
Old 02-14-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I saw the Wii on the 103 inch Panasonic.

It looked pretty good. A little fuzzy on the edges but that didn't keep people from having a BLAST playing the tennis game.
I have a Wii in both my living room and theater room. On both systems, I have the cables upgraded to component. When I found the component video cables, I immediately bought them. I have never even tried what came with the system. I am using my Halcro SSP-200 to upscale to 1080p to output on 126" screen. I have not noticed any "fuzzy edges." It does, however, look like an up-converted image, but it is definitely better than not up-converting. I wish someone would come out with a Wii HDMI cable, that would probably also improve PQ a bit more.

The Wii is very addicting! I actually never even wanted one. My wife bought our first one, then a Black Friday later I now have two and play both of them more than her.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
cable, calibration, cheap, dvdo, hdmi, nintendo, online, problem, revolution, scaling, upscaled, upscaler, upscaling, video, wii