Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 08-21-2007   #7

Default Re: What is the best Video Calibration disc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Do you have it in HD?

Did you have any trouble with the menus? I did at first.

I have the NTSC version so I might have to pick up the HD version. CC gave me a calibration disc as part of their extended service plan but the TV has been great right out of the box so I haven't tweeked at it too much yet. Cnet did a review and they posted their optimum settings so I'll plug them in and see how it comes out. This TV has a dramatically better picture than the Sony Bravia XBR that it replaced -I may take advantage of the service contract on the Sony because it has some vertical streaking visable on light backrounds - not bad pixels - looks more like burn-in and LCDs don't burn in. I've been hessitant because I got it at Tweeter and they're in Bankruptcy.

Scott
ScottV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #8

Smile GetGrey

Of all the calibration DVD's out there, GetGrey is the best I've used. I was able to get better accuracy than (DVE) Digital Video Essentials or the (out of date) AVIA DVD. I have adjusted my main monitor a KDL46XBR2, for color temperature, white balance and etc. and it has resulted in very natural and realistic colors. It's like looking outside through a clean window. It's jaw dropping to people who have seen it.
See: http://www.calibrate.tv/

Ken S
Ken S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blueray, calibration, digital, disc, discs, disk, hdtv, lcd, plasma, plasmalcd, rated, television, top, tv, video