Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 12-07-2008   #1

Cool any objective comparisons of high end processors

the only FULLY COMPATIBLE HDMI PROCESSORS appear to be:
mark levinson 502 + lexicon processor
it appears that theta casablance 111 upgrade only next year,and i am not sure of products offered by burmester?

what is consensus amongst you audiophiles?
sandy
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #2
wes

Default Re: any objective comparisons of high end processors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyb View Post
the only FULLY COMPATIBLE HDMI PROCESSORS appear to be:
mark levinson 502 + lexicon processor
it appears that theta casablance 111 upgrade only next year,and i am not sure of products offered by burmester?

what is consensus amongst you audiophiles?
sandy
Classé SSP-800 1/4 of the price and outstanding Audio except that it doesn't yet decode the new codec Q109 should have the upgrade
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #3

I am giving up trying to acquire the lossless codecs by internally decoding in players via analog outputs with lower quality DACS; therefore, I need to purchase a preppro with HDMI switching and audio decoding capabilities. If the esteemed audiophiles posting herein would share some knowledge about the Denon AVP-A1HDCI, Classé SSP 800 and the Anthem Statement D2, it would be most appreciated.

Will I attain the same or better audio quality with these units compared to my Lexicon MC-12B?

Are there other prepro units in this price range that should be considered?
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #4
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefTK View Post
I am giving up trying to acquire the lossless codecs by internally decoding in players via analog outputs with lower quality DACS; therefore, I need to purchase a preppro with HDMI switching and audio decoding capabilities. If the esteemed audiophiles posting herein would share some knowledge about the Denon AVP-A1HDCI, Classé SSP 800 and the Anthem Statement D2, it would be most appreciated.

Will I attain the same or better audio quality with these units compared to my Lexicon MC-12B?

Are there other prepro units in this price range that should be considered?
Never gove up Classe should have the SSP-800 upgraded by Spring 2009 hopefully they will still release it with this economic climate they might decide to scratch it!!!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #5

The most obvious difference between high and low end products is how the power supply is implemented in each product. Power supplies will probably include better components (toroidal transformers vs. box type, heavily shielded or possibly remotely located transformers and ps., audiophile quality recitifiers and capacitors, etc.), have more stages of operation and tighter regulation of those stages in the high end product when compared to the low end product.
markjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, 800, audio, audiovideo, classe, end, hd, hdmi, high, lexicon, mc12, processor, processors, ssp, ssp800, video