Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 12-02-2008   #7
wes

Default Re: what are the real reasons for upgrading a processor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoc801 View Post
the classé 800 is the best processor i´ve used for the price,and i can get the upgrades for hi def sound for free...but is still too expensive for me. regards
Are you a dealer or work at a dealership? What did you compare the Classé SSP-800 to?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Are you a dealer or work at a dealership? What did you compare the Classé SSP-800 to?
hi,
i work in a store in lisbon and we are importers for b&w,classé and rotel among other brands like final,nuforce,planar etc...

we compare it with similiar price products like denon a1hd,and pioneer susane sc-lx91 as a processor only.

i prefered the classé by a small margin over the denon and the pioneer in termes of clarity and 2 channel audio as dedicated audio préamp.
raoc801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #9
wes

Quote:
hi,
i work in a store in lisbon and we are importers for b&w,classé and rotel among other brands like final,nuforce,planar etc...

we compare it with similiar price products like denon a1hd,and pioneer susane sc-lx91 as a processor only.

i prefered the classé by a small margin over the denon and the pioneer in termes of clarity and 2 channel audio as dedicated audio préamp.
Interesting how about for multichannel audio like SACD or DVD A?
Old 12-03-2008   #10

depends the quality of cables you use between your source and the 7.1 input on the processor,and the quality of the dacs inside your source and the quality of the recording itself.
sorry, but i dont realy care much about sacd and dvda in multychannel.
Old 12-03-2008   #11
wes

Quote:
depends the quality of cables you use between your source and the 7.1 input on the processor,and the quality of the dacs inside your source and the quality of the recording itself. sorry, but i dont realy care much about sacd and dvda in multychannel.
So you did not test it?
Old 12-05-2008   #12

i used some sacd (recordings from linn) and dvda from beatles love and sounded prety good,but mostly i used it with cd´s

br and hddvd,in the store and in the show.
Sponsored Links

Tags
800, audio, classe, codecs, connecting, cpu, inside, lx91, pioneer, playstation, processor, processors, reasons, sclx91, ssp, upgrading, worth