Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 05-01-2008   #1

Lightbulb TweakTV.com

http://tweaktv.com/ is now up & running.
It has my TV in the data base & I'm going to see how close my eyeball calibration is to their recommendations.
I just got the DVE Blu-Ray disc but haven't tried it yet.
I'm on vacation for the next month so I should have plenty of time to "Tweak" my set.

I've talked to 2 ISF calibrators, one at the store where I bought my set said he doesn't do them any more because he doesn't think it makes a difference & the guy at the store where I bought my receiver said he doesn't have the equipment to do HDMI, he said he spent a lot of $$$ on DVI equipment & it's all obsolete & he hasn't upgraded to HDMI yet.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #2

Default Re: TweakTV.com

You really can not blame that guy because that calibration equipment cost a pretty penny. You`ve got to feel his pain.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
You really can not blame that guy because that calibration equipment cost a pretty penny. You`ve got to feel his pain.
Yea he was not a happy camper!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #4

Hi TheMoose,

So you haven't said what you think of our settings at www.tweaktv.com for your set.

Also the comments on calibration are very strange. It most certainly makes a huge difference if done correctly, and the comments about the DVI equipment are a little off base. You can actually make DVI correct for HDMI if you know what you are doing. I assume he is talking about his HD signal generator. Anyway let me know about the results from tweaktv.
Email: kevin@ISFTV.COM
Web Site: www.ISFTV.COM ; www.tweaktv.com
Founding Imaging Science Foundation Member since 1994. Industry Consultant ~ ISF Instructor
Contributing Editor to CNET.COM, & AVRev.com
Kevin Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Yea he was not a happy camper!
I`m sure. Well, unfortunately sometimes the old saying is painfully true, you live and you learn.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #6
rex

My TV (Samsung HLN617W) does not appear in the list; but then, I guess she is a real dinosaur. Still, we so many promising new display technologies on the horizon (LED, Laser, OLED, etc.), it doesn't make much sense to make a major investment right now; and after many, many hours of use over the years, she is still performing like a champ.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
70xbr2, database, drc, good, kdsr70xbr2, mode, run, set, setting, settings, standard, sxrd, timing, tweaktv, tweaktvcom