Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 01-27-2008   #7

Default Re: External Scaler Suggestion? WS65813

FWIW I just swapped out my Meridian 861 for an Anthem Statement D2 and it is a nice unit for both audio and video and really simplified the video side of my system. I will soon have the newest version with room correction and rumors are going around they will be updated to handle the new audio formats soon after.....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #8

Question Re: External Scaler Suggestion? WS65813

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
FWIW I just swapped out my Meridian 861 for an Anthem Statement D2 and it is a nice unit for both audio and video and really simplified the video side of my system. I will soon have the newest version with room correction and rumors are going around they will be updated to handle the new audio formats soon after.....

I`m surprised kenny, I know you really loved your 861. You are now happier with with the Anthem?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #9

The Anthem is a great piece, but the 861 is dated right now. They need to get the new upgrade out and the sooner the better. The 861 needs to have DTS MA HD and such via HDMI or it's still going to be old hat. Yes, it sounds amazing and is a very competent 2 channel pre as well, but mine was upgraded from a v1 through each step and it was an old unit, so I got rid of it and will very likely buy another some time down the road when they come out with an updated version.

It was a very bitter sweet day swapping that out of my main rig, you are right Greg, I do love the 861, but it was time for a change for now....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #10

You know what though, I hear you. Because the reality at this moment in time is, the high end pre/pro group has not caught up with our Home Theater receiver brethren. Outside of a view. With the Integra being the hottest piece right now. So, enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy.

It really does not make sense to hold on to equipment that can not fully take advantage of this current technology.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #11

Thanks for all of the great replies. It's not the right time for me to make significant upgrades at this point ($1000 and up), but I WILL be going down the HDMI switching line of receivers in the near future. (Currently running any Onkyo with component switching only)

I love the TV so I'm really not in a hurry to replace it, assuming I can upgrade my receiver and let that do the scaling.

In the meantime, I've migrated all of my devices (dvd, cable box, and ps3) to HDMI connections using an inexpensive oppo HDMI switcher. A simple HDMI to DVI-D converter on the end makes it all work.

Maybe not an elegant solution, but definitely will tide me over until I can get a new receiver!
qwertybobo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
adapter, component, copy, dvdo, external, gefen, hd, hdmim, mate, mitsubishi, power, protected, scaler, scalers, ws65813