Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Video Processors, Technology & Calibration

Video Processors, Technology & Calibration Discuss the best way to get the most from your video system.

Old 12-05-2007   #1

Question Video processor or upgrade Anthem AVM20

I currently have an Anthem AVM20 preamp/processor and will be upgrading my TV to a front projector (I am considering the Optoma HD81-LV, the Sony VPL-VW60 or the JVC DLA-HD1). Note that I built my room with only one video (HDMI) cablle running from the projector location to the equipment rack.

I plan to either have the Anthem AVM20 upgraded to the AVM50 so that it has video processing and switching capabilities
OR
To buy an outboard processor such as the DVDO VP50 Pro, Calibre Vantage HD, Silicon Optix HQV, etc..

I am looking for recommendations on which way to go. If it is the outboard processor route, which processor do you recommend?

Thanks in advance,
fordgt
fordgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #2

Default Re: Video processor or upgrade Anthem AVM20

The scaler in the AVM50/D2 is very good, that said, the VP50pro is AMAZINGLY good. As a separate device, it will add some complexity to your system, so something to consider.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
20, anthem, arab, automation, avm, avm20, code, fuck, home, movie, preamp, processor, processors, remote, upgrade, video