Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > System Advice

System Advice Need help with your system? Post your question or problem here.

Old 07-25-2007   #1

Unhappy Problem with MY Denon 2910 DVD Player

Hi,
This is concerning a continuing problem with my Denon 2910 DVD player. The problem is the player does not always load DVDs. By that I mean their are instances where the player will stop or give up and not load the movie. Resulting in me having to either turn the player off or opening the tray and trying to reload it that way. Sometimes the player will load the movie but will start it in some random chapter. I sent the player back once already to a Denon service center but upon its return the problem continued. I'd appreciate any feedback someone might have.

Thank You

Last edited by wilkofbm; 07-25-2007 at 03:11 PM..
wilkofbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #2

Default Re: Problem with MY Denon 2910 DVD Player

Hate to say it but unless you have very poorly maintained, or rented discs and this continues, sounds like it needs to go back again.

If one the other hand this is happening with the kids Barney discs or some rentals, it can happen with bad discs, even my best players can be finiky with dirty or scratched discs.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #3
Administrator

Kenny is right, many times, fingerprints on discs or scratches can make movies on DVD skip. It's even easier to make a Blu-ray or HD DVD skip.
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #4

Smile Re: Problem with MY Denon 2910 DVD Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkofbm View Post
Hi,
This is concerning a continuing problem with my Denon 2910 DVD player. The problem is the player does not always load DVDs. By that I mean their are instances where the player will stop or give up and not load the movie. Resulting in me having to either turn the player off or opening the tray and trying to reload it that way. Sometimes the player will load the movie but will start it in some random chapter. I sent the player back once already to a Denon service center but upon its return the problem continued. I'd appreciate any feedback someone might have.

Thank You
I know you have already sent your player to Denon, but have you tried calling them via phone. I see if you can get a tech live over the phone and trouble shoot with you live. If they offer that service, that might be more useful and get quicker results.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #5

I'd like to thank everyone who's responded to my post. I really appreciate your input.

V/R
Brad Wilkof
wilkofbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2910, back, denon, dvd, dvds, load, player, players, problem, problematic, problems, skips, tray, turn, turns, working