Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Surround Sound

Surround Sound Talk about everything from 5.1 to 7.1 to Dolby True HD and beyond.

View Poll Results: POLL: 5.1 speaker system with your PC/MAC?
I have a 5.1 speaker system connected to my PC/Mac 8 57.14%
I do not, but plan to buy 5.1 speakers for my PC/Mac 2 14.29%
I do not, and don't plan to buy PC/Mac 5.1 speakers 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007   #1

Default POLL: 5.1 speaker system for PC/MAC?

I'm currently using a Logitech 5.1 speaker system for listening to music from my IBM laptop... and they sound really good, in my relatively-small office.

Do you also have (or plan to buy) 5.1 surround speakers for your PC or Mac?

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #2

Default Re: POLL: 5.1 speaker system for PC/MAC?

While I have an office in my condo, I don't use it anymore really, except for storage. I just don't use my desktop PC anymore. I like the freedom that I have with my Macbook Pro.

I do however have Digital Coaxial running from the Desktop PC in the office to my home theatre system in the main room.

Use of this setup is rare. What I do use though is my Macbook Pro connected to my main theater system. I connect my Macbook with mini-Toslink for the audio and a DVI to HDMI adapter for the video to my Onkyo Receiver. Looks and sounds stunning.

Don't really have any need for a dedicated 5.1 system for my computer.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #3

Wink Re: POLL: 5.1 speaker system for PC/MAC?

I have a Klipsch 5.1 pro media set up using a Creative Audigy ZS platinum sound card. Definitely a killer system. The sound of Hi Def DVD-A is remarkable...
lifamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #4

I like to keep my computer and my theater system totally separated and I have tried to run a 5.1 system on my computer. it was cheesy and there were wires EVERYWHERE.
leisuresuitlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #5

I have my G-5 hooked up to my main system in the sound room , i use 5.1 in and out and then use the windows side to re do music from stereo into surround , then go back to the mac side to play it back via airport and in my macbook and system in my bedroom and the other bedrooms in the home . When i m away or lazy from home i use a fm-rocket by griffen for fm sound through out the house . Or if i just want to do stereo i-tunes, i open up share on i-tunes and let that play whatever it wants as a mix . I set up a little cam thing also to play back something called pixel toy using an older Mac that i have hooked up to my main mess ..LUKE
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #6

I have a 5.1 Logitech setup on my PC which I use a lot, especially for monitoring the conversion of old quad stuff to DVD-A.

Before that, I used a VideoLogic DTS Theater setup, which was awesome but had no external controls.
oblio98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
51, 51system, connect, faq, hooking, imac, loudspeaker, mac, pc, promedia, setup, speaker, speakers, surround, system, systems