Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Surround Sound

Surround Sound Talk about everything from 5.1 to 7.1 to Dolby True HD and beyond.

Old 02-26-2010   #1

Default Looking for a "fairly" high end speaker set up.

I am looking to buy a new tv and get a new speaker set up. (I need everything) I am looking for high quality speakers, subwoofer, and reciever. I would also like to get some surround sound speakers as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!!
ch46647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #2

Default Re: Looking for a "fairly" high end speaker set up.

What is your budget for a speaker set up? I have got a surround speaker setup by Snell Acoustics and it is awesome. I have had Snell speakers for most of my "Audiophile" days and now in my HT system. A good amount of my HT budget went into these speakers, but it was worth it. I will never own any other speakers than Snell, I love them that much.
Digital Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #3

Look at some Theil SCS4 speakers, you can't do much better at any price.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #4

I am sorry but I had to reply to this stupid question. There are at least a dozen high end speaker companies that you can choose from and this is not something that you should be doing through forums. You need to go to one of your local home theater stores and listen to some of their setups. Those guys can help you out and they will most likely have some very nice speakers.
mharmatuk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #5

You don't need all that. The TV speakers are good enough.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010   #6

MARTIN LOGAN IS the best ... I have had high end speakers since 1970 and I recently got Martin Logan ESL and this is best I have ever heard or owned...no question ESL is the best unless
you like Rap, Head Banger, and the like. Then any speaker will do.
PalmHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, av, end, forum, high, highend, logans, loiminchay, martin, quality, set, setting, setup, sound, speakers, surround, system