Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Surround Sound

Surround Sound Talk about everything from 5.1 to 7.1 to Dolby True HD and beyond.

Old 12-30-2009   #1

Default home theater system w. outdoor speakers?

Everything started when I purchased my new 55 inch Vizio. For the holidays, my wife purchased the Phillips HTS8100 soundbar. Being a person who has to have “better technology”, we returned the soundbar. Now I’m on my quest to find my new home theater system.

I have spent the better part of the past 24 hour researching to find a best system for my budget. Once question that I can’t seem to figure out is can I setup my home theater system and also have outdoor speakers hooked up? I wasn’t sure if I would use an A/V Source Switcher or not.

Details & Goals
Out downstairs family room leads right out to a patio that is cover by a 12ftx12ft second level deck. My goal is to run speaker wire from the receiver down into the crawl space and then outside. I was thinking of mounting speakers from the deck.
Inside, I have the 55inch TV, Xbox, and Wii and looking to add the other components. I’m streaming Netflix from the Xbox so want that to be maximized as well. I do not have an expert ear so I’m good for something that is good quality. I also would like to add a PC or have my system integrated with my network as I have a ton or digital music available as well.
dorandoran6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add, added, adding, forum, home, outdoor, outdoor speakers, sound, speaker, speakers, surround, system, systems, theater, theatre, volume