Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Surround Sound

Surround Sound Talk about everything from 5.1 to 7.1 to Dolby True HD and beyond.

View Poll Results: What is the most impressive 5.1 movie soundtrack?
Terminator 3 7 30.43%
Saving Private Ryan 9 39.13%
Fight Club 1 4.35%
Other (write in) 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2007   #19

Default Re: Poll: Best motion picture Surround Soundtrack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc115 View Post
Two movies that come to mind for movie sound track is Requiem for a Dream and The Hours. The music in both of those movies just seems to flow with the film perfectly and help draw you in.
Sorry but nothing could draw you into "The Hours". By far the most boring, drawn out movie to come out of the industry in this decade. I love movies and pay special attention to all movie soundtracks, and this movie just didn't cut it.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #20

I have to go with tigeraudio2007 on the Hours ! Yawn!

Now Requiem for a Dream..... Can't remember the sound that much, I was way to tripped out by the stroy line.....

J.U.I.C.E., J.U.I.C.E, J.U.I.C.E!!!!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I have to go with tigeraudio2007 on the Hours ! Yawn!

Now Requiem for a Dream..... Can't remember the sound that much, I was way to tripped out by the stroy line.....

J.U.I.C.E., J.U.I.C.E, J.U.I.C.E!!!!
It is not much of a soundtrack for the sound effects, but I love the music soundtrack (Kronos Quartet) and how it syncs with the film.
jdc115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by David DelGrosso View Post
I'm also gonna cast a write-in vote for Jurassic Park.

The first time I demonstrated that 5.1 DVD in a home living room, the paintings started rattling on the wall and the dishes started shaking in the china cabinet, as T-Rex stomped his foot. And several people in the room literally screamed, because it felt like the dinosaur was right in the room with us!

Many people have never even thought about this... but the truth is that a well-designed home theater can actually seem more realistic than a movie theater... simply because the shakes and rattles inside the house, make the impact scenes even more believable than when we're inside the rock-solid movie theaters.

DD
You know David I never thought about it either. But, in your home, its more intimate, in most cases smaller than the theater (the room) and less problems to deal with. Sounds like you had a very good and impressive demo.
Definitely, write your vote in!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #23

Smile Re: Poll: Best motion picture Surround Soundtrack?

Another soundtrack that comes to mind, back in my Harvey Electronic days was Terminator 2. If memory serves, this film broke new ground in surround sound, and was every salesmens favorite demo disc. I haven`t watched in a while due to that!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #24

Kill Bill 1 and 2 have pretty damn amazing soundtracks in surround. Especially the scene where Uma Thurman fights the Crazy 88's. that is one of the best demo scenes for picture and surround sound.
wazzzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
51, calibrate, commander, david, delgrosso, impressive, la, master, movie, scene, show, sound, soundtrack, soundtracks, surround, system, track