Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Surround Sound

Surround Sound Talk about everything from 5.1 to 7.1 to Dolby True HD and beyond.

View Poll Results: What is the most impressive 5.1 movie soundtrack?
Terminator 3 7 30.43%
Saving Private Ryan 9 39.13%
Fight Club 1 4.35%
Other (write in) 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007   #13
EDA

Default Re: Poll: Best motion picture Surround Soundtrack?

Master and Commander, in the opening fight scene when the first encounter the French ship in the fog. Also just the ambiance and background noises of the ship throughout the interior and exterior of the ship.
EDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDA View Post
Master and Commander, in the opening fight scene when the first encounter the French ship in the fog. Also just the ambiance and background noises of the ship throughout the interior and exterior of the ship.
You beat me to this one. This one beats out Pvt. Ryan which has been my benchmark for quite a while. In fact, Pvt. Ryan is the reason I put my theater together.

Open Range is up there also as one of my favorites. The gun shots and thunder storms are about as realistic as it gets. Duvall performs his best role since sniffing napalm.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007   #15

I like Triple XXX with Vin Diesel and for bone rattleing bass. U-571 & Das Boot.
bluextatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDA View Post
I think a lot of water movies do well for surround sound. It has been a long time, but from what I remember The Abyss was really good for sound (ok movie until the last 10 minutes) as well as Das Boat
jdc115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornelithe View Post
Jeez, what's with all the newer names? Like a good soundtrack hadn't happened since prior to the new century? Haha, well, call me old (all of 28), but I'm going with 2001: A Space Odyssey (Also Sprach Zarathustra rocks), or Platoon (Barber's Adaggio for Strings), I really liked the musical score on the soundtrack for The Sum of all Fears (the operatic one). I think we're confusing the soundtrack with the sound effects here...is the question about the music contained w/in said movie, or all sounds w/in said movie?

Anyway, those are my picks for favorite sound tracks.

Morne
I also thought about music when I before I clicked into the thread but maybe it should go into a new thread. Two movies that come to mind for movie sound track is Requiem for a Dream and The Hours. The music in both of those movies just seems to flow with the film perfectly and help draw you in.
jdc115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornelithe View Post
I think we're confusing the soundtrack with the sound effects here...is the question about the music contained w/in said movie, or all sounds w/in said movie?

Morne
The category that this thread appears in, is titled Surround Sound.

And the question asked for this Poll. is:

What is the most impressive 5.1 movie soundtrack?

...as in 5.1-channel surround soundtracks that are the most impressive.

Apparently, you feel that the word "soundtrack" should be reserved for the "music" tracks only...but in the motion picture industry, the "soundtrack" refers to the "audio" that was created to support the motion picture.

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
51, calibrate, commander, david, delgrosso, impressive, la, master, movie, scene, show, sound, soundtrack, soundtracks, surround, system, track