Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Surround Sound

Surround Sound Talk about everything from 5.1 to 7.1 to Dolby True HD and beyond.

Old 12-05-2009   #1

Default wireless speakers for stereo receiver, computer, and playstation

I was thinking about purchasing a wireless speaker system for my son who is in a college dorm room. I don't know much about them. He watches movies and tv shows that he downloads on his 32 inch computer monitor, or with his playstation blu-ray player. He does not have a television. He listens to music on his PC through headphones. He has a stereo receiver at home, but no speakers. I was wondering if there is such a thing as a wireless speaker system that could interface with a stereo receiver, a computer, and a playstation 3? What would you recommend. We obviously would prefer wireless, since the college frowns on mounting speakers on the walls and he doesn't want cables going everywhere. I really appreciate your help on this, since I know nothing.
katrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #2

Default Re: wireless speakers for stereo receiver, computer, and playstation

Hello

Not sure what I am posting here is too late. Anyway I am writing for anyone who is visiting this page.

There are several options for going wireless.

Option 1 - go wireless by using a wireless transmitter/receiver such as JBL. Your rear speakers can go wireless if you are using 5.1 surround.
Option 2 - use wireless stereo speakers.
Option 3 - use wireless surround headphones as no need to worry whether others are being disturbed.

Here is the website for more information and reviews.
wireless-surround-speakers.org

Last edited by wireless789; 02-18-2011 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: error
wireless789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, av, computer, ecommend, forum, forums, ipod, playstation, receiver, receivers, recievers, speaker, speakers, stereo, wireless