Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Surround Sound

Surround Sound Talk about everything from 5.1 to 7.1 to Dolby True HD and beyond.

Old 06-14-2008   #1

Default Unified audio format? Let's hope so!!

WOW!

I am officially spoiled by the new audio codecs! I was sitting around tonight and started watching the Italian Job on Blu-ray (only DD) and was so disappointed in the audio, I swapped in Transporter 2 (DTS HD) and was amazed I used to think DD/DTS were good!

I think once you hear the new codecs, you will be hooked, It's tough to give an example of the difference in relative terms, maybe DVD vs VHS or maybe cassette tape vs CD?? Those seems pretty close.

Once you all get to hear just how good uncompressed audio is in surround, you will not want to go back! Many people have asked me if the new formats are worth it, and after living with them for a while, all I can say is get them ASAP!!!

You won't regret it!

I truly find the new uncompressed audio codecs to make even good to excellent DD/DTS sound like MP3's........ I am so hooked on the new audio formats, I hope audio only discs take off as well and maybe for once we'll all have a unified high resolution audio format!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #2

Default Re: Unified audio format? Let's hope so!!

I am not sure I am willing to spend to get there if there is basically NO music in these codecs.

Too much out of my pocket when I need a $100,000 down to get the jet deal I want.
Old 06-17-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Too much out of my pocket when I need a $100,000 down to get the jet deal I want.
So you'd rather listen to your iPod on a jet than kick ass sound at home???

I guess I can see that!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #4

Well kenny, I can`t say I want that. I`d rather have great sound at home. And Jerry, once this forum really takes off, you`ll be able to get your Jet!!

But kenny, you`ve made it abundantly clear, that the new codecs are the real deal. And, after all we`ve gone thru with the format war, this is a very good thing.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I am not sure I am willing to spend to get there if there is basically NO music in these codecs.

I'd get a new Ferrari before a jet.
I thought you were worrying about maintenance costs on a Ferrari. . . unless your talking about the magazine. . .
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #6

kenyyt: my good friend,i recommended to listen the blu ray dave mattews and tim reynolds live at radio city music hall, and you get an idea to how to listen the new format dolbytrue hd is in music,this is a best recording i hearing and is recommended for a different audiophile columnist and journals magazine on audio and hometheater in the world i know is a hd video but you get idea the how sound reproducing you hear and you get the your own conclusion my friend. i recommended $$$$$$$,%%%% * seriously.
luisranger2bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, code, format, hope, lets, mp3, sound, unified