Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Surround Sound (http://www.avrev.com/forum/surround-sound-30/)
-   -   Bose LifeStyle 28 - time to upgrade/update (http://www.avrev.com/forum/surround-sound/1281-bose-lifestyle-28-time-upgrade-update.html)

crimson ghost 12-10-2007 04:02 AM

Bose LifeStyle 28 - time to upgrade/update

I bought my Lifestyles 28 4 years ago or so and its time to upgrade (or so I think anyway)

I have some options - I don't mind the Bose system, but personally I don't think the bass response is the best and I dislike the sound quality (at volume) for playing music. All of which may be resolved if I upgrade to the Bose LifeStyle 48 system. (I absolutely HATE that I can't control bass levels without entering a setup mode - that's BS) But before I dump $4,000 into a new Bose system I thought I might search out some experiance. My brother felt I might be able to do a lot more for $4,000 but beyond an Onkyo receiver he had nothing more to offer me. He did suggest I use the Bose cube speakers, replace the basemodule and center channel. I dunno about that - I would rather set the Bose 28 elsewhere in the house or maybe even Ebay it.....gotta be worth a Grand Still.

Any suggestions? my family room puts the viewing area against the back wall, so speakers are mounted above and to the sides - since you can't get rear speakers behind the listening area. Suggestions?

crimson ghost 12-10-2007 02:45 PM

Re: Bose LifeStyle 28 - time to upgrade/update

Never mind - this forum moves to slow for me. Best to everyone.

JerryDelColliano 12-10-2007 02:50 PM

Bye

deacongreg 12-10-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crimson ghost (Post 7397)
Never mind - this forum moves to slow for me. Best to everyone.

Well, should you still be around, There are some excellent speaker companies to check out. But, if you really want to invest wisely and get the best sound, it will require some work and patience on your part. Bring your own DVD`s and CD`s to the store with you. For the obvious reason that you know the material.

Your brother chose very well on the home theater receiver front. Onkyo is a favorite around here. I would say the 805 or 905. Paradigm, B & W, PSB, Monitor Audio, Totem, Klipsch, Polk all make some nice speakers that you could use in a 5.1 setup depending on your budget. Also, it would be helpful if you brought your room dimensions to your dealer as well.

Well, get started and enjoy the experience.

numodeslop 09-20-2009 09:06 PM

Hi all, I am a new member of forum

Installing electric radiant floor heating systems - Hydronic underfloor heat cost - In and under floors heated flooring

rbinck 09-21-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numodeslop (Post 22708)

Are you just here to sell your heating system?