Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Subwoofers How low can you go? Discuss everything from setup to placement to EQ and beyond.

Old 11-04-2007   #7

Default Re: Definitive Technolgy SuperCube Reference

Thats an average sized room, you may even be OK with a single Cube one. Call them Monday and see what they recommend, and please let us all know as well!

I think you would be fine with either. If you really want the rumble.... go with the reference! My room right now is 16'x28 ish' but the left and part of the rear wall open into other rooms so for subs I need to consider that and I have a 15" sub that can literally shake my 6'6" 260# frame when it gets going. I can't imagine a single reference not being enough for a 14x22 room!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #8

Smile Re: Definitive Technolgy SuperCube Reference

I called definitve today, he basically said one reference equals two supercube 1. For the size of room and how i'm gonna listen, he suggested to go with the reference. He really liked the reference. He sugested the trinity, but we both agreed it would be too much for a home set up. The only reason to go with the supercubes, was for balance, but the refernce should provide enough bass for what i had wanted. We are still in the designing stage (rest of the house), so when we get it completed, i'll try to attach some pictures of my set up. (In about 6-8 months). Thank you again for your input(Kenny).
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #9

Sounds about right, I think you will do well with either, but the one Reference will go lower and add to the rumble you want, and that impresses so many in demo's. This should more than fill your room and save some cash as well.

I look forward to the pictures, and no problem for the help!

Happy listening!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater View Post
I called definitve today, he basically said one reference equals two supercube 1. For the size of room and how i'm gonna listen, he suggested to go with the reference. He really liked the reference. He sugested the trinity, but we both agreed it would be too much for a home set up. The only reason to go with the supercubes, was for balance, but the refernce should provide enough bass for what i had wanted. We are still in the designing stage (rest of the house), so when we get it completed, i'll try to attach some pictures of my set up. (In about 6-8 months). Thank you again for your input(Kenny).
I ended up buying the Supercube Reference and still own it today. My room is 23'x17' and it fills it very well. As with any sub, careful placement is paramount to good performance.
http://modernhometheater.com/
http://www.avrevforum.com/
Audiogeek_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
calibration, canadian, def, definitive, ii, pictures, placement, proper, reference, room, settings, size, supercube, tech, technology