Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Subwoofers How low can you go? Discuss everything from setup to placement to EQ and beyond.

Old 08-28-2007   #1

Question What makes your idea subwoofer?

I want a sub that is small, powerful and can go deep. I realize these three things might never come to fruition in a single product, but a guy can dream!

What would make your ideal sub??
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #2

Smile Re: What makes your idea subwoofer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I want a sub that is small, powerful and can go deep. I realize these three things might never come to fruition in a single product, but a guy can dream!

What would make your ideal sub??
My parameters are pretty much the same. The one sub that when it first came out, created quite a buzz in the industry. That was the Carver True Subwoofer EQ Signature. I believe the newly revised sub for 2007 now has balanced inputs, a measurement microphone and internal contour circuitry that automatically optimizes the True subwoofer to your listening room. At only 13 inches with a 2,700 watt amp built in, I think kennyt this will work for you.

Can you imagine two in the same room?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #3

Default Re: What makes your idea subwoofer?

Two???

Four!!!
Old 08-29-2007   #4

Thumbs up Re: What makes your idea subwoofer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Two???

Four!!!
WOW!! You are truly going no holds barred with 4. I`m assuming its a fairly large room, so all that air that gets pushed and moved, does have somewhere to go. With 5 Levinsons, and four Carver subs, hmmmmmmmmm........

You must be trying to shake your foundation.
Old 08-30-2007   #5

Default Re: What makes your idea subwoofer?

25' x 16' with the display to the right side of the long wall, the rear of the room has a wall that comes ~1/2 way across the theater area then is open into the kitchen and breakfast nook.

Logistically, four makes a lot of sense, it's easier to get good even fill of a room, much harder to balance and setup though.

Now back to reality, I can get by with one good sub, and do! In fact in this room, the Paradigm Servo 15v2 literally shook me while watching King Kong! So I will stay with one for now. I want to see the new Sound Matters sub that's 4" tall, maybe I could fit some under some things.....
Old 08-30-2007   #6

Thumbs up Re: What makes your idea subwoofer?

Your unbelievable. Under some things. lol Well, its great that you can play and have some fun in your room. But I`m truly waiting for delivery of your 5 Levinson amplifiers. My head is still dizzy on that one.
Sponsored Links

Tags
15, b15, build, deeper, good, low, make, makes, performa, plains, play, revel, servo, show, sound, subwoofer, subwoofers, v2, work