Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Subwoofers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/subwoofers-19/)
-   -   The Only Subwoofer (http://www.avrev.com/forum/subwoofers/5194-only-subwoofer.html)

bwasound 02-06-2011 06:43 AM

The Only Subwoofer

3 Attachment(s)
If one wants the ultimate experience in subwoofer performance, the Eminent Technology TRW-17 Rotary Subwoofer is the only true subwoofer. I have had this Rotary subwoofer for over two years and it is the most exciting product I have ever owned. Response is from 25 hz down to below 1 hz; essentially perfect transient response, and very low distortion. Even in my large room (29' long x 19' wide x 11' high cathedral ceiling) I only need half its power and the result is (fabulous headroom) very low bass with authority and total control.

rbinck 02-06-2011 08:57 AM

Re: The Only Subwoofer

Interesting, more like a sub-subwoofer. Seems like a subwoofer that would go down to 20 hz or so would still be required since they recommend a 20 hz crossover. I guess you are using the amplifier they supply? Getting an amp that will go down to 1 hz would be very few and far between. What do you do for the normal subwoofer frequency range?

I know you touched on this in your other post, but discussion in this thread would be a better place for us to have all of the information.

bwasound 02-06-2011 10:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbinck (Post 26753)
Interesting, more like a sub-subwoofer. Seems like a subwoofer that would go down to 20 hz or so would still be required since they recommend a 20 hz crossover. I guess you are using the amplifier they supply? Getting an amp that will go down to 1 hz would be very few and far between. What do you do for the normal subwoofer frequency range?

I know you touched on this in your other post, but discussion in this thread would be a better place for us to have all of the information.

Yes, the amplifier is Eminent Technology Rotary Woofer Controller, which provides 200 watts
for pitching the fan blades. This controller also has a variable xover (15 hz to 25 hz at 18 db per octave), phase control, damping, gain, and is built by Marchand Electronics. I use 25 hz, which works extremely well with my Magneplanar Tympani bass panels (they cover the range from 270 hz down to below 30 hz. This amp does indeed go down that low (one of the requirements for the rotary subwoofer). One should also keep in mind the necessity for
the rest of the chain of electronics to meet these specs. The source, in my case, is a PS Audio's Perfectwave system, which uses a dc coupled dac. Also needed is a motor controller to control the speed of the fan and maintain that speed under load (when fan blades are being pitched).

Kevin123 12-01-2011 12:51 AM

sub woofer is a sound creator that give base in the music