Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Subwoofers How low can you go? Discuss everything from setup to placement to EQ and beyond.

Old 09-19-2010   #19

Default Re: True Subwoofer Signature (Sunfire) No Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw886 View Post
Hey Pirates712 -

Did you ever get your sub working? I have a True Subwoofer Signature, and the woofer has gone out. So if you're looking to get rid of one of your woofers, I'd be interested. I'm looking for a 12". The part number on mine is: 585-002-12

The amp on my unit functions fine, I'm just missing the woofer :-(

Let me know.

Thanks,
Derek
Hi Derek,

Did you have any luck replacing the 585-003-12 sub driver, I need to do the same and have not had much luck.
any info would be greatly appreciated before I have to pay the sunfire flat rate.

Best,
Ryan
ryanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #20

Thumbs up Re: True Subwoofer Signature (Sunfire) No Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh View Post
Hi,

Then it's a lot easier. Your 13V is stable . Your op-amp is fine . All you need to do is check Q14-Q17 . The fuse will blow only if this transistor shorts. Remember to change the driver transistor as well. Q13 & Q18 . The unit should be restored.

As a caution check these diodes D10-D13 . D-10 has a resistor in parallel so it will read 39 ohms. The other diodes are 1N4148,replace all 4 even if one is short. Good luck to you .

Regards
Rajesh
Thanks a lot Rajesh, I have two of them one has a similar problem and fixed as per your instructions,

Other one has different issue the subwoofer turn on normally but to get audio I have to increase the volume more then 75% I have already changed the volume and crossover but didn’t make any difference. “Do you have any idea what’s wrong with it?”
eaddy504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
Yep it would be probably cheaper to buy a new Sunfire. Give them a shout and see what a new amp would cost.
and even cheaper to have it repaired. usually $350 or less. maybe more if you worked on it first.

please call us or use the service from on the pyramid audio web site.
chrisautosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #22
Administrator

Just to get the context here, my reply was to this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates712 View Post
I believe the onboard amp is 2700 watts. Is this what size replacement amp I need? Sounds pricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
Yep it would be probably cheaper to buy a new Sunfire. Give them a shout and see what a new amp would cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisautosound View Post
and even cheaper to have it repaired. usually $350 or less. maybe more if you worked on it first.

please call us or use the service from on the pyramid audio web site.
So I'm sure it could be repaired for less than buying a new Sunfire, but buying just the amp would probably cost more than a new sub. If he gets it repaired it will be the lowest cost, I'm sure. And now he has a source. Thanks chrisautosound.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #23

Has anyone gotten their True Subs with Blown internal fuses working? I have 5 of these units in all 3 sizes, and I have to say, while I love the sound of these things, their reliability has really been disappointing.

currently Im working on an amp plate for the 10" 2700 Watt MKII unit. I HAVE had this unit worked on by Sunfire twice before, and naturally it was JUST out of its warranty period when it started to fail again. I use this particular unit maybe 4 times a year, and normally dont run it at more than about 30% volume. the first issue noticed was no power. I replaced the 7 Amp slow blow fuse on the outside and got power but no sound. I opened it up and noticed its blowing the 2 7.5 Amp fuses on the board. Ive replaced them and they continue to blow.

Ive replaced Q13-Q18 as suggested by Rajesh, and checked the cluster of diodes in the area as well, and still continue to have these fuses blow. there are no visibly damaged components or loose connections.

any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have done the flat rate repair on most of the units I own, and am getting a little tired of paying that price nearly once a year on these things. why dont they last?

thanks to all who can offer some advice.
MERVERNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh View Post
Do you hava a red light on when you switch on ? If not then check this.
I am experiencing almost the same problem..
when I switch on, only the right red led blinks for half second and then stays off.
Anyway I embed the folllowing video . youtu.be/KcfcNwsIjF4
in youtube try the following address: KcfcNwsIjF4 (actually I cannot embed it since it is my first post here)
to see it by yourself.
I cannot figure out if it is only drive unit's problem or amp's too.??

Any ideas...??
Deafender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
12, audio, carver, forums, fuse, fuses, katy, problem, problems, repair, signature, sound, subwoofer, sunfire, true