Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Subwoofers How low can you go? Discuss everything from setup to placement to EQ and beyond.

Old 03-08-2008   #31

Default Fathom 113 update

I now have both subs connected via Signal cable single ended interconnects. They have been playing on and off for about 20 hours. The subs have the ability to convey every subtle low end detail that the recording has on it! We watched Cars last night and the uncompressed soundtrack just draws you into the movie that much more! I still haven't played the Chinese poems CD with the awsome drum track yet! I'll say add me to the list of believers of dual subs. I'm still smiling.

Last edited by Sharp 1080; 03-08-2008 at 12:34 PM..
Sharp 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #32
wes

Cool Re: JL Audio subs

I bought a JLAudio Fathom F113 on the spot right after the demo, I was blown away. I have been thinking about getting an other one, how big is your room?

My room is 20x18x10 I am not sure if need a second sub?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #33

Default Re: JL Audio subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
My room is 20x18x10 I am not sure if need a second sub?
Wes,

Your room is pretty large, I'd go with four subs for best balance! Well, as you can see I have a problem with shopping! You could easily do two in a room that size and it will sound better, as long as you set them both up well. I set each sub up separately as otherwise you have no idea which one your listening to.

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #34
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Wes, Your room is pretty large, I'd go with four subs for best balance! Well, as you can see I have a problem with shopping! You could easily do two in a room that size and it will sound better, as long as you set them both up well. I set each sub up separately as otherwise you have no idea which one your listening to. KT
Sure send the cash and I will buy 4, to be honest one is plenty and works very well especially with three 802D and two 802s
Old 05-06-2008   #35

Default Re: JL Audio subs

Cash is always the issue. I am rocking one sub in my room but I miss having two. The spread was so much more smooth. The system had WAY MORE SPANK with way less volume.

I am tapping out my Salon2's on the Levinson 436s. Bob Hodas is coming over tomorrow to make one more tweak.

j
Old 05-06-2008   #36
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Cash is always the issue. I am rocking one sub in my room but I miss having two. The spread was so much more smooth. The system had WAY MORE SPANK with way less volume. I am tapping out my Salon2's on the Levinson 436s. Bob Hodas is coming over tomorrow to make one more tweak. j
Cool how much s Bob charging you or is it complementary?
Sponsored Links

Tags
15, audio, charge, dealer, dealers, depth, forum, home, jl, locate, oklahoma, paradigm, sells, subs, subwoofers