Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Subwoofers How low can you go? Discuss everything from setup to placement to EQ and beyond.

Old 08-15-2007   #7

Default Re: JL Audio subs

Butch,

I still am using the Servo 15v2 from Paradigm, great sub!!!!!! I personally ran the 100's without a sub as they didn't need one in my opinion for music and for movies I just was amazaed by the Servo 15v2...... It actually shook ME!!!!!!

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Butch,

I still am using the Servo 15v2 from Paradigm, great sub!!!!!! I personally ran the 100's without a sub as they didn't need one in my opinion for music and for movies I just was amazaed by the Servo 15v2...... It actually shook ME!!!!!!

KT
Don't get the wrong idea. I didn't say that the Servo 15 wasn't a great sub. This thing shakes the house down to the foundation. It's frightening to the uninitiated the first time they experience it.

The only time I use it for music is with the very few DTS 5.1 CD's I have. I just happened to get the opportunity to hear what the Signature sub can do with real music and wonder if the JL is in the same league.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #9

From what I have heard the JL Audio sub is in a class of it's own. I haven't had a good demo of it yuet, but those I know who have are amazed.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #10

The JL Audio demo at CEDIA is going to be something anyone in attendance NEEDS to hear...

I spoke with Carl from JL and he is working on some VERY cool stuff for an active demo.

I know my old boss Joe Cali (from Cello Los Angeles) now sells the JL woofers in his big custom theater. Definitve in Seattle sells them. A lot of people who know what is good.

We have a full review coming from Mike Levy in the next month or so. Very indepth and enthusastic.
Old 09-20-2007   #11

I own a JL sub, and I haven't been so happy. W. Jeff Meier an A/V calibrator change the position of my sub.. I can't wait to hear it closer to the main speaker...Now all I have to do is get my broken Pre/pro back from shop...

Revko1
Revko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #12

The cool part of a proper sub set up is it can be CLOSE to you (see my room photos on ModernHomeTheater.com) and you can't HEAR the sub.

I call this the "Hodas factor"

JL subs ROCK. Among the absolute best. Price no object.
Sponsored Links

Tags
15, audio, charge, dealer, dealers, depth, forum, home, jl, locate, oklahoma, paradigm, sells, subs, subwoofers